Silicon Mechanics: http://www.siliconmechanics.com/
Blade Servers: http://www.siliconmechanics.com/c292/blade-server.php
1U Servers: http://www.siliconmechanics.com/c272/1u-server.php
Re: testing/good/stable [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:14:37PM -0800, Chris Petersen wrote:
> So I notice that in the default yum.conf, etc, good/stable aren't
> selected by default. Are the files from these included within testing?
> I always just assumed that they were separate archives.

Yes, they were once separate, but people were sometimes using only
testing for example, beacuse they knew that testing@Debian worked that
way.

I switched to have lower stability classes include higher ones to
allow both models to work. It is of course better now to only have one
entry (speeds up updating).

BTW these are due to change to production/testing/experimental (the
old sections will still be provided, but deprecated).
--
Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de