and have found that on guide change point the video freezes . This is
happening on my tuner which does not have guide data stored , and is
recording and creating files at every half hour (normal behavior when no
guide data is there) . To re-start the frozen video once the new file is
started , I basically have to exit live-tv then go back in again . I
have downgraded back to mythtv-0.27.3-2.el6.x86_64 , and all is well again .

Best Regards
Milorad

Re: mythtv.x86_64 0.27.3-3.el6 live-tv problem [ In reply to ]

Re: mythtv.x86_64 0.27.3-3.el6 live-tv problem [ In reply to ]
On 11/07/14 05:22, Collier Family wrote:
> On 10/07/2014 11:33 pm, mo.ucina wrote:
>> Hello Guys,
>>
>> I have just noticed this one tonight from Stephens repo and have
>> downloaded it . I have been testing it for a couple of hours on
>> live-tv and have found that on guide change point the video freezes .
>> This is happening on my tuner which does not have guide data stored ,
>> and is recording and creating files at every half hour (normal
>> behavior when no guide data is there) . To re-start the frozen video
>> once the new file is started , I basically have to exit live-tv then
>> mythtv-0.27.3-2.el6.x86_64 , and all is well again .
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Milorad

Hello Stephen,

I was hoping that 27.3-4 may do it , but unfortunately , it is same as
27.3-3 . As a matter of fact the latest revision froze on me on channel
7 just now between "better home and gardens" and "escape to the country"
, had to exit live-tv , then go back in again . Falling back to 27.3-2 .
Thanks for your help .

Milorad

Re: mythtv.x86_64 0.27.3-3.el6 live-tv problem [ In reply to ]
On 11/07/2014 8:42 pm, mo.ucina wrote:

> On 11/07/14 05:22, Collier Family wrote:
>> On 10/07/2014 11:33 pm, mo.ucina wrote:
>>> Hello Guys,
>>>
>>> I have just noticed this one tonight from Stephens repo and have
>>> downloaded it . I have been testing it for a couple of hours on
>>> live-tv and have found that on guide change point the video freezes
>>> . This is happening on my tuner which does not have guide data
>>> stored , and is recording and creating files at every half hour
>>> (normal behavior when no guide data is there) . To re-start the
>>> frozen video once the new file is started , I basically have to exit
>>> live-tv then go back in again . I have downgraded back to
>>> mythtv-0.27.3-2.el6.x86_64 , and all is well again .
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>> Milorad

> Hello Stephen,
>
> I was hoping that 27.3-4 may do it , but unfortunately , it is same as
> 27.3-3 . As a matter of fact the latest revision froze on me on
> channel 7 just now between "better home and gardens" and "escape to
> the country" , had to exit live-tv , then go back in again . Falling
> back to 27.3-2 . Thanks for your help .
>

> Milorad

When I get a chance I'll have a look at the differences between 27.3-2
and 27.3-2. I don't use live tv much but I looked yesterday and it froze
after about 30 mins. Unfortunately the changes are coming thick and fast
from the mythtv devs so sometimes these problems can creep in. The
upsides are new features come quickly so its a compromise.

Stephen

Re: mythtv.x86_64 0.27.3-3.el6 live-tv problem [ In reply to ]
On 12/07/14 06:10, Collier Family wrote:
> On 11/07/2014 8:42 pm, mo.ucina wrote:

>> Hello Stephen,
>>
>> I was hoping that 27.3-4 may do it , but unfortunately , it is same
>> as 27.3-3 . As a matter of fact the latest revision froze on me on
>> channel 7 just now between "better home and gardens" and "escape to
>> the country" , had to exit live-tv , then go back in again . Falling
>> back to 27.3-2 . Thanks for your help .
>>

>> Milorad

> When I get a chance I'll have a look at the differences between 27.3-2
> and 27.3-2. I don't use live tv much but I looked yesterday and it
> froze after about 30 mins. Unfortunately the changes are coming thick
> and fast from the mythtv devs so sometimes these problems can creep
> in. The upsides are new features come quickly so its a compromise.
>
> Stephen

Hello Stephen,

I have just installed ver 27.3-6 , and all is good . Looks like the
upstream have fixed the bug that was causing a freeze .

Best Regards

Milorad

Re: mythtv.x86_64 0.27.3-3.el6 live-tv problem [ In reply to ]
I've modified the spec to include systemd it should work for all f19,
f20 and el7
It will be in tonights release