Mailing List Archive

Myth 026 on Centos 6.4
Hi All, I've just installed a Myth 0.26.0-294 / Centos 6.4 x64 system as
a test. The installation went fairly OK but there are a number of
anomalies with Myth.

The mythfrontend does not respond to the <esc> key at the top screen.
The only way out is to kill the process. :-(

The playback of previous recordings is at around a quarter speed. The
machine is not a super computer, it has 7236.15 BogoMIPS/GeForce GT 220
with 319.17 NV driver. But I've seen decent playback on more modest
hardware. <esc> stops the playback but the fontend freezes and needs killed.

The setup in the frontend ignores any attempt to change theme.

Are others having problems like these? I'll try this system on 0.25 and
see how it fares. I have a production Myth 0.24 system running fine.

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.

Re: Myth 026 on Centos 6.4 [ In reply to ]
Ken Smith wrote:

> Hi All, I've just installed a Myth 0.26.0-294 / Centos 6.4 x64 system
> as a test. The installation went fairly OK but there are a number of
> anomalies with Myth.
>
> The mythfrontend does not respond to the <esc> key at the top screen.
> The only way out is to kill the process. :-(
>
> The playback of previous recordings is at around a quarter speed. The
> machine is not a super computer, it has 7236.15 BogoMIPS/GeForce GT
> 220 with 319.17 NV driver. But I've seen decent playback on more
> modest hardware. <esc> stops the playback but the fontend freezes and
> needs killed.
>
> The setup in the frontend ignores any attempt to change theme.
>
> Are others having problems like these? I'll try this system on 0.25
> and see how it fares. I have a production Myth 0.24 system running fine.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ken

Just taken the machine down to 0.25. Its fine. This hardware has also
run 0.24 OK as well.

I'll try with 0.26 another time

:-) Ken

believed to be clean.

Re: Myth 026 on Centos 6.4 [ In reply to ]
Ken Smith <kens@kensnet.org> wrote:
>Ken Smith wrote:
>>
>> Hi All, I've just installed a Myth 0.26.0-294 / Centos 6.4 x64 system
>
>> as a test. The installation went fairly OK but there are a number of
>> anomalies with Myth.
>>
>> The mythfrontend does not respond to the <esc> key at the top screen.
>
>> The only way out is to kill the process. :-(
>>
>> The playback of previous recordings is at around a quarter speed. The
>
>> machine is not a super computer, it has 7236.15 BogoMIPS/GeForce GT
>> 220 with 319.17 NV driver. But I've seen decent playback on more
>> modest hardware. <esc> stops the playback but the fontend freezes and
>
>> needs killed.
>>
>> The setup in the frontend ignores any attempt to change theme.
>>
>> Are others having problems like these? I'll try this system on 0.25
>> and see how it fares. I have a production Myth 0.24 system running
>fine.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ken
>>
>Just taken the machine down to 0.25. Its fine. This hardware has also
>run 0.24 OK as well.
>
>I'll try with 0.26 another time
>

>:-) Ken

Thanks for sharing this Ken. I've had my eye on an 0.26 CentOS 6 upgrade for awhile. Thanks for taking the bullet.

Re: Myth 026 on Centos 6.4 [ In reply to ]
Ken Smith <kens@kensnet.org> wrote:
>Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>
>> Ken Smith<kens@kensnet.org> wrote:

>>> Just taken the machine down to 0.25. Its fine. This hardware has
>also
>>> run 0.24 OK as well.
>>>
>>> I'll try with 0.26 another time
>>>

>>> :-) Ken
>>>

>> Thanks for sharing this Ken. I've had my eye on an 0.26 CentOS 6
>upgrade for awhile. Thanks for taking the bullet.
>>

>To be fair that's just my experience on this hardware. If 0.26 had real
>
>problems the myth-users list would be full of threads about it and the
>effort would be going in to 0.26 fixes not 0.27 alpha.
>
>Ken

Well sometimes I feel like the ATrpms variety can have its own peccadillos. :) Especially with CentOS.

Re: Myth 026 on Centos 6.4 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 07:31:38AM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> Ken Smith <kens@kensnet.org> wrote:
> >Kirk Bocek wrote:

> >also

> >> Thanks for sharing this Ken. I've had my eye on an 0.26 CentOS 6
> >upgrade for awhile. Thanks for taking the bullet.
> >>

> >To be fair that's just my experience on this hardware. If 0.26 had real
> >
> >problems the myth-users list would be full of threads about it and the
> >effort would be going in to 0.26 fixes not 0.27 alpha.
> >
> >Ken
>

> Well sometimes I feel like the ATrpms variety can have its own
> peccadillos. :) Especially with CentOS.

I checked the builds of 0.25 and 0.26 for EL6 and there are no
differences in the environmental setup and the checkings.

You can recheck in a day or so. As I wanted to remove the PyXML/jamu
dependencies I have to rebuild the packages and both 0.25 and 0.26 had
some fixes since the last June floating in, so I'm doing a fresh
rebase.

There will also be some 0.27 alpha/beta packages for the brave.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net