for it appears in the 304 driver .

Best Regards
Milorad

Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM, O&M Ugarcina <mo.ucina@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Axel and Guys
>
> Are there any plans to package the 304 series of drivers ? The reason I am
> asking is that I would like to buy the new GTX650 graphic card for my front
> end , and would need this driver . The card is new and the support for it
> appears in the 304 driver .

The old nvidia packages do not build for kernel 3.6.1 (F17) any more.

I built the latest 304:

http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-f17-x86_64/nvidia/nvidia-graphics304.51/

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]
> The old nvidia packages do not build for kernel 3.6.1 (F17) any more.
>
> I built the latest 304:
>
> http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-f17-x86_64/nvidia/nvidia-graphics304.51/
>

> --
> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> LCG - UFRJ
That's very good . Would you have a el6 64 version of that by any chance
. Or perhaps a srpm , I would like to try the new driver on my el6
front-end .

Best Regards
Milorad

Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM, O&M Ugarcina <mo.ucina@gmail.com> wrote:

> The old nvidia packages do not build for kernel 3.6.1 (F17) any more.
>>
>> I built the latest 304:
>>
>> http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/**myrpms-f17-x86_64/nvidia/**
>> nvidia-graphics304.51/<http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-f17-x86_64/nvidia/nvidia-graphics304.51/>
>>
>> --
>> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
>> LCG - UFRJ
>>
> That's very good . Would you have a el6 64 version of that by any chance .
> Or perhaps a srpm , I would like to try the new driver on my el6 front-end .

My source rpms are always here:

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.51-304.51-148.fc17.src.rpm

I did not build the new nvidia driver for rhel6,
because the 295 series is fine for me. Only F17
with kernel 3.6 requires the 304 series ...

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]

http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-f17-x86_64/nvidia/nvidia-graphics304.51/"]http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-f17-x86_64/nvidia/nvidia-graphics304.51/

--

http://people.atrpms.net/%7Epcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.51-304.51-148.fc17.src.rpm"]http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.51-304.51-148.fc17.src.rpm

I did not build the new nvidia driver for rhel6,
because the 295 series is fine for me. Only F17
with kernel 3.6 requires the 304 series ...

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Hello Paulo,

Thank you for that , I downloaded your fc17 srpm , and compiled it for el6 . No changes were necessary, used as is , it compiled fine , and created the kmdl as well . I have now installed it and works ok . Really appreciate it . Now I can try a GTX650 on my front end .

Best Regards

Milorad
Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]

Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]
On 13/10/12 12:53, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM, O&M Ugarcina <mo.ucina@gmail.com
> <mailto:mo.ucina@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> The old nvidia packages do not build for kernel 3.6.1 (F17)
> any more.
>
> I built the latest 304:
>
> http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-f17-x86_64/nvidia/nvidia-graphics304.51/
>

> --
> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> LCG - UFRJ
>
> That's very good . Would you have a el6 64 version of that by any
> chance . Or perhaps a srpm , I would like to try the new driver on
> my el6 front-end .
>

> My source rpms are always here:
>
> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.51-304.51-148.fc17.src.rpm
> <http://people.atrpms.net/%7Epcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.51-304.51-148.fc17.src.rpm>
>
> I did not build the new nvidia driver for rhel6,
> because the 295 series is fine for me. Only F17
> with kernel 3.6 requires the 304 series ...
>
> --
> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> LCG - UFRJ
Thanks for that Paulo,

One thing I was going to ask you . I am interested how do you create the
srpm from the binary package that Nvidia makes . I would like to have a
go at making the new 304.60 drivers into a srpm , and then into a set of
rpms for el6 . Any information appreciated greatly .

Best Regards

Milorad

Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]
> One thing I was going to ask you . I am interested how do you create the
> srpm from the binary package that Nvidia makes . I would like to have a go
> at making the new 304.60 drivers into a srpm , and then into a set of rpms
> for el6 . Any information appreciated greatly .

Basically, you have to unpack the .src.rpm
and replace the nvidia blob, by a new x86_64 and
a new x86 file:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/

Then, you have to recreate the .src.rpm:

rpmbuild -bs --rmsource foo.src.rpm /usr/bin/rpmbuild

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@gmail.com> wrote:

>> One thing I was going to ask you . I am interested how do you create the
>> srpm from the binary package that Nvidia makes . I would like to have a go
>> at making the new 304.60 drivers into a srpm , and then into a set of rpms
>> for el6 . Any information appreciated greatly .
>>

> Basically, you have to unpack the .src.rpm
> and replace the nvidia blob, by a new x86_64 and
> a new x86 file:
>
> ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/
>
> ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/
>
> Then, you have to recreate the .src.rpm:
>
> rpmbuild -bs --rmsource foo.src.rpm /usr/bin/rpmbuild

Sorry, I meant:

rpmbuild -bs --rmsource nvidia-graphics304.51.spec

Furthermore, one has to adapt the spec file to adjust
the version. Axel also names the spec file using the version of the
driver.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.60-304.60-149.fc12.src.rpm

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]

http://people.atrpms.net/%7Epcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.60-304.60-149.fc12.src.rpm"]http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.60-304.60-149.fc12.src.rpm

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ

Much appreciate your help , and the information provided . Using this method I have just created a SRPM for the new nvidia drivers rev : 304.64 . I have called it : nvidia-graphics304.64-304.64-150.el6.src.rpm . I have used it to compile drivers for my el6 64 bit machine , and it works very well . Other distros and arch's I have not tried . If you guys want the SRPM , I can upload it to save you creating one . Just point me in the direction of your FTP server .

Best Regards

Milorad
Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]
On 11/11/12 19:15, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
> On 23/10/12 10:49, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>>

>> Sorry, I meant:
>>
>> rpmbuild -bs --rmsource nvidia-graphics304.51.spec
>>
>> Furthermore, one has to adapt the spec file to adjust
>> the version. Axel also names the spec file using the version of the
>> driver.
>>

>> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.60-304.60-149.fc12.src.rpm
>> <http://people.atrpms.net/%7Epcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.60-304.60-149.fc12.src.rpm>
>>

>> --
>> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
>> LCG - UFRJ
> Hello Paulo,
>
> Much appreciate your help , and the information provided . Using this
> method I have just created a SRPM for the new nvidia drivers rev :
> 304.64 . I have called it :
> nvidia-graphics304.64-304.64-150.el6.src.rpm . I have used it to
> compile drivers for my el6 64 bit machine , and it works very well .
> Other distros and arch's I have not tried . If you guys want the SRPM
> , I can upload it to save you creating one . Just point me in the
> direction of your FTP server .
>
> Best Regards
>
> Milorad
Sorry Guys , wrong email formatting

Re: Nvidia 304 series [ In reply to ]
On 11/11/12 09:18, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
> On 11/11/12 19:15, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
>> On 23/10/12 10:49, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>>>

>>> Sorry, I meant:
>>>
>>> rpmbuild -bs --rmsource nvidia-graphics304.51.spec
>>>
>>> Furthermore, one has to adapt the spec file to adjust
>>> the version. Axel also names the spec file using the version of the
>>> driver.
>>>

>>> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.60-304.60-149.fc12.src.rpm
>>> <http://people.atrpms.net/%7Epcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics304.60-304.60-149.fc12.src.rpm>
>>>

>>> --
>>> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
>>> LCG - UFRJ
>> Hello Paulo,
>>
>> Much appreciate your help , and the information provided . Using this
>> method I have just created a SRPM for the new nvidia drivers rev :
>> 304.64 . I have called it :
>> nvidia-graphics304.64-304.64-150.el6.src.rpm . I have used it to
>> compile drivers for my el6 64 bit machine , and it works very well .
>> Other distros and arch's I have not tried . If you guys want the SRPM
>> , I can upload it to save you creating one . Just point me in the
>> direction of your FTP server .
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Milorad
> Sorry Guys , wrong email formatting

Hi: I just used preupgrade to go to F17. No problems seen yet with the
result, but I have to run an F16 kernel and nvidia kmdl because no
matching F17 kmdl exists in the repo. Currently 3.6.11-4 fc16 x86_64
with 304.51

I did have problems some time ago when I tried 304.64, so stayed with
304.51.

According to the nVidia site my hardware now ought to be on 304.84, and
the F17 kernel I have is 3.7.9-104.

Any suggestions about how to move forward gratefully received.

John P