Mailing List Archive

MythTV F17 request systemd scripts
Hi Axel,
would it be possible to update your F17 MythTV package to use Systemd instead of the SysV
scripts as these seem to offer much more flexibility eg you can wait for devices
here is a Wiki link to assist. http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Systemd_mythbackend_Configuration

thanks
Paul

Re: MythTV F17 request systemd scripts [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Paul <mylists@wilsononline.id.au> wrote:
> Hi Axel,
> would it be possible to update your F17 MythTV package to use
> Systemd instead of the SysV scripts as these seem to offer much more
> flexibility eg you can wait for devices
> here is a Wiki link to assist.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Systemd_mythbackend_Configuration
>
> thanks
> Paul

Axel:

I am assuming that the mythtv.spec file would need to be updated to
install the appropriate mythbackend.service file and to use systemctl
rather than chkconfig and /sbin/service to install and run the
appropriate file.

I'd be happy to try to take a crack at updating the spec file and send
you a diff, if you want. I am assuming that this is the section of
the mythtv.spec file that needs to be adjusted:

%pre backend
# Add the "mythtv" user
/usr/sbin/useradd -c "mythtvbackend User" \
-s /sbin/nologin -r -d %{_varlibdir}/mythtv mythtv 2> /dev/null || :

%post backend
/sbin/chkconfig --add mythbackend

%preun backend
if [ $1 = 0 ]; then
/sbin/service mythbackend stop > /dev/null 2>&1
/sbin/chkconfig --del mythbackend
fi

I've looked over the file that Paul referenced and it is very close to
the one I developed to use with my own systems (it uses slightly
different locations for some of the user files). I'll let you know
how I get on.

George

Re: MythTV F17 request systemd scripts [ In reply to ]

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Systemd

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: MythTV F17 request systemd scripts [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 8:12 AM, George Galt <george.galt@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am assuming that the mythtv.spec file would need to be updated to
> install the appropriate mythbackend.service file and to use systemctl
> rather than chkconfig and /sbin/service to install and run the
> appropriate file.

Feel free to snag what you want from my spec file since I've already
done this and it so far seems to work!

http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/rpms/mythtv/devel/mythtv.spec?revision=1.107&root=free

Richard

Re: MythTV F17 request systemd scripts [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 8:12 AM, George Galt <george.galt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am assuming that the mythtv.spec file would need to be updated to
>> install the appropriate mythbackend.service file and to use systemctl
>> rather than chkconfig and /sbin/service to install and run the
>> appropriate file.
>
> Feel free to snag what you want from my spec file since I've already
> done this and it so far seems to work!
>
> http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/rpms/mythtv/devel/mythtv.spec?revision=1.107&root=free
>
> Richard

Richard & Paulo:

Thanks. I'll look over the Fedora docs, and I suspect I will pilfer
freely from Richard's fine work! Hopefully I can cobble something
together in the next few days.

BTW, looking over the Fedora docs, it looks like there might need to
be different approaches for <=FC17 and for >=FC18. I'll see what I
can figure out.

George

Re: MythTV F17 request systemd scripts [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM, George Galt <george.galt@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, looking over the Fedora docs, it looks like there might need to
> be different approaches for <=FC17 and for >=FC18. I'll see what I
> can figure out.

Yeah, I haven't had time to see if I need to change anything for the
new systemd macros in F18+ so I'm looking forward to what you find
out.

Richard