Mailing List Archive

HDHR Prime Lost Tuning On One Channel
I thought I'd start here, then move to mythtv-users and then only as a
horrible last resort try Comcast tech-support.

I lost one of my Comcast channels on my HDHR Prime. Channel 805 H2HD
*was* recording fine and now records with sort of a broken black field
and occasional bits of the sound and some noise. This actually happened
some weeks ago but I wanted to wait until I upgraded to 0.24.3-282
(which is as far as I can go on CentOS-5 for now) to see if it was some
kind of codec problem.

Checking the channel from the command line with hdhomerun_config still
shows the channel subscribed and cci unrestricted:

$ hdhomerun_config 1310D399 set /tuner2/vchannel 805
$ hdhomerun_config 1310D399 get /tuner2/vstatus
vch=805 name=H2 HD auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Kirk Bocek

Re: HDHR Prime Lost Tuning On One Channel [ In reply to ]
Did you do a channel rescan?

Re: HDHR Prime Lost Tuning On One Channel [ In reply to ]
On 4/23/2012 12:47 PM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> I thought I'd start here, then move to mythtv-users and then only as a
> horrible last resort try Comcast tech-support.
>
> I lost one of my Comcast channels on my HDHR Prime. Channel 805 H2HD
> *was* recording fine and now records with sort of a broken black field
> and occasional bits of the sound and some noise. This actually happened
> some weeks ago but I wanted to wait until I upgraded to 0.24.3-282
> (which is as far as I can go on CentOS-5 for now) to see if it was some
> kind of codec problem.
>
> Checking the channel from the command line with hdhomerun_config still
> shows the channel subscribed and cci unrestricted:
>
> $ hdhomerun_config 1310D399 set /tuner2/vchannel 805
> $ hdhomerun_config 1310D399 get /tuner2/vstatus
> vch=805 name=H2 HD auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Kirk Bocek

Right after this post, I checked Silicon Dust's web site and there was a
20120405 firmware update. I installed the update and it looks like the
channel is now recording fine.

Now it's possible this problem might have been on Comcast's end, we'll
never know. But the firmware update and a reboot of the HDHR Prime seems
to have fixed my problem. I'm checking remotely at the moment but I
think it's okay.