I understand RHEL 6 and Fedora 16 should be the priority as they are the
latest versions. I was just curious about the status for RHEL 5. Thanks.

Grant
Re: MythTV 0.25 for RHEL 5 [ In reply to ]
On 4/12/2012 2:15 PM, Grant McChesney wrote:
> Hi Axel. For those of us still running RHEL 5, are there plans for
> MythTV 0.25 build? I currently see mythweb only in the testing repo for
> RHEL 5. I understand RHEL 6 and Fedora 16 should be the priority as
> they are the latest versions. I was just curious about the status for
> RHEL 5. Thanks.
>
> Grant

Don't know if you need the feedback, but your CentOS-5/RHEL5 builds are
very important for me. I'm *slowly* working my way toward 6. But the
main house server is going to be 5 for the foreseeable future. I see the
frontends making it to 6 first, then the solo master backend.

Re: MythTV 0.25 for RHEL 5 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 06:40:58PM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> On 4/12/2012 2:15 PM, Grant McChesney wrote:
> >Hi Axel. For those of us still running RHEL 5, are there plans for
> >MythTV 0.25 build? I currently see mythweb only in the testing repo for
> >RHEL 5. I understand RHEL 6 and Fedora 16 should be the priority as
> >they are the latest versions. I was just curious about the status for
> >RHEL 5. Thanks.
>
> Don't know if you need the feedback, but your CentOS-5/RHEL5 builds
> are very important for me. I'm *slowly* working my way toward 6. But
> the main house server is going to be 5 for the foreseeable future. I
> see the frontends making it to 6 first, then the solo master
> backend.

The current packages do not build for RHEL5. You may try to fix it, or
wait whether someone else or myself manage to fix it. For starters it
requires libvpx which can probably be removed from the build.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: MythTV 0.25 for RHEL 5 [ In reply to ]
On 4/12/2012 11:41 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 06:40:58PM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>> On 4/12/2012 2:15 PM, Grant McChesney wrote:
>>> Hi Axel. For those of us still running RHEL 5, are there plans for
>>> MythTV 0.25 build? I currently see mythweb only in the testing repo for
>>> RHEL 5. I understand RHEL 6 and Fedora 16 should be the priority as
>>> they are the latest versions. I was just curious about the status for
>>> RHEL 5. Thanks.
>>
>> Don't know if you need the feedback, but your CentOS-5/RHEL5 builds
>> are very important for me. I'm *slowly* working my way toward 6. But
>> the main house server is going to be 5 for the foreseeable future. I
>> see the frontends making it to 6 first, then the solo master
>> backend.
>
> The current packages do not build for RHEL5. You may try to fix it, or
> wait whether someone else or myself manage to fix it. For starters it
> requires libvpx which can probably be removed from the build.

Thanks for the heads-up before I install the .25 packages on my 6 boxes
and wonder why I can't find the matching packages for my 5 boxes.
Another gotcha to keep your eyes out for similar to the gt thing. :)

Well, then I hope you'll at least keep the .24-2 packages around for us
5 sluggards.

Re: MythTV 0.25 for RHEL 5 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:12:18AM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> On 4/12/2012 11:41 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >>
> >>Don't know if you need the feedback, but your CentOS-5/RHEL5 builds
> >>are very important for me. I'm *slowly* working my way toward 6. But
> >>the main house server is going to be 5 for the foreseeable future. I
> >>see the frontends making it to 6 first, then the solo master
> >>backend.
> >
> >The current packages do not build for RHEL5. You may try to fix it, or
> >wait whether someone else or myself manage to fix it. For starters it
> >requires libvpx which can probably be removed from the build.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up before I install the .25 packages on my 6
> boxes and wonder why I can't find the matching packages for my 5
> boxes. Another gotcha to keep your eyes out for similar to the gt
> thing. :)
>
> Well, then I hope you'll at least keep the .24-2 packages around for
> us 5 sluggards.

even 0.24.3 ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: MythTV 0.25 for RHEL 5 [ In reply to ]
On 4/14/2012 9:10 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:12:18AM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:

>>> The current packages do not build for RHEL5. You may try to fix it, or
>>> wait whether someone else or myself manage to fix it. For starters it
>>> requires libvpx which can probably be removed from the build.
>>
>> Thanks for the heads-up before I install the .25 packages on my 6
>> boxes and wonder why I can't find the matching packages for my 5
>> boxes. Another gotcha to keep your eyes out for similar to the gt
>> thing. :)
>>
>> Well, then I hope you'll at least keep the .24-2 packages around for
>> us 5 sluggards.
>
> even 0.24.3 ;)

Sorry. I meant whatever the currently compiling version is. I'm actually
running a version or two behind right now. I'll update soon.