but might you consider updating the version there?

Thanks,

John P

Re: An update for Smart? [ In reply to ]
Hi Axel: I still like to use the Smart package manager, although in
Fedora it seems to have lost out to yum. It appears to have been
dropped from f16, although I still see smart-gui and smart-update in the
f16 base list as the f15-1.3.1 packages. The Smart site is now at
1.4.1. Any chance you could take it back into ATrpms?

I don't see problems using smart f15-1.3.1-67 in f16, but I guess that
may not last.

Thanks,

John P

Re: An update for Smart? [ In reply to ]
On 19/06/12 11:01, John Pilkington wrote:
> Hi Axel: I still like to use the Smart package manager, although in
> Fedora it seems to have lost out to yum. It appears to have been
> dropped from f16, although I still see smart-gui and smart-update in the
> f16 base list as the f15-1.3.1 packages. The Smart site is now at
> 1.4.1. Any chance you could take it back into ATrpms?
>
> I don't see problems using smart f15-1.3.1-67 in f16, but I guess that
> may not last.

I now have a revised specfile that has built with smart 1.4.1 in both
el6 and f16 flavours. I'll make it available if anyone wants it, but
I'd prefer to watch it in operation for some time first. I'm not sure
that it does the most sensible things with the kde 3/4 and qt/qt47 changes.

John P