Mailing List Archive

Custom Fedora CDs with bootsplash (was: question)
Hello Pavel,

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:03:12PM +0200, Pavel Ivanov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all sorry for my english :-)
>
> I found your email as a Fedora kernel-packager at ATrpms. I'm
> working on my own Fedora based destribution.
>
> I wanted to add a bootspalsh to native fedora 2.4.22-1.2174 kernel
> but there were conflicts between patches made by Fedora team and
> bootsplash diff... After some days of unsuccessful practice I found
> your kernel ;-)
>
> But now I have some strange errors during the anaconda buildinstall
> process:
>
> Building i386 bootdisk.img
> cp: writing `/tmp/makebootdisk.tree.9911/vmlinuz': No space left on device
> 192000 pixels, 6717 bytes, (93.00% compression)
> cp: writing `/tmp/makebootdisk.tree.9911/splash.lss': No space left on device
> sed: Couldn't flush stdout: No space left on device
> /files/work/backUP/Panama/buildinstall.tree.3241/mk-images: Failed to copy messages from /tmp/treedir.3260/instimage/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/ to
> /tmp/makebootdisk.tree.9911.
>
> I'm a bit confused becouse I have much of free space on my hd. So I
> want to ask may be you have an expiriense of creating Fedora costume
> distro based on your kernel packages?

No, I personally haven't created custom distributions or CDs based on
Fedora, but Stefan Smietanowski <stesmi@stesmi.com> has done so. You
can join atrpms-devel (Cced, you can subscribe at lists.atrpms.net).

About the error message: I believe it means the space on the
bootdisk.img floppy image. I suggest to not add a bootsplash to the
-BOOT kernel to avoid it growing too large, or you can hack anaconda
to use different kernels for the CD boot vs the floppy boot.

But I may be wrong altogether, I haven't really looked at anaconda
since 7.3. ;)
--
Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de
Re: Custom Fedora CDs with bootsplash (was: question) [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Thank you Axel. I'm already here :-)

??: Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de>
????: Custom Fedora CDs with bootsplash (was: question)

--
{00} Peace, Pavel Ivanov
/ \/ \ E-mail: pi@mail.by