Silicon Mechanics: http://www.siliconmechanics.com/
Blade Servers: http://www.siliconmechanics.com/c292/blade-server.php
1U Servers: http://www.siliconmechanics.com/c272/1u-server.php
Re: sources.list.d [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 09:46:17AM -0800, Chris Petersen wrote:
> I noticed that this directory started showing up, but has been empty for
> awhile. I add my own personal repository to my sources.list file, so
> it's kind of a pain when I upgrade the atrpms-package-config file since
> I have to go in and find which archives have been added/changed/whatever
> and copy my repositories into the new file, and then rename
> sources.list.rpmnew to sources.list.
>
> Anyway, Is there any reason why you haven't started actually using the
> sources.list.d directory?

Yes, but not very strong ones: There is still an ordering bug in apt
which makes it read in different parts in an almost nondeterministic
way (e.g. not a state machine, but one depending on history of
configuration). This bites you when you add local mirrors.

The main idea would be to have sources.list empty reserved only for
the users' local configuration changes (local mirrors, own repos
etc.), that is why it is important to have this config file override
the others.

There is some workaround by removing some file form apt's cache. I
will look into it and see if it can be done w/o harm. Care to file in
a bug report to nag me?
--
Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de