Mailing List Archive

Status Update for the DVD
Hi people.

I just compiled another testing release that I am asking Jarod
to take a look at.

Basically why there's been a delay is this:

The 0.1 DVD booted fine on both a Dual P3 (Intel GX chipset) and
an Athlon 3200+ (VIA KT-600 chipset) but the consecutive ones
failed to boot on the KT600 machine. I was looking into what was
the matter until I gave up simply and reverted back to 0.1 and then
forward ported all changes so that the new one was just like the
non-working one and for some reason it works.

The latest DVD contains:

FC1
Modified pre-FC2 Anaconda installer
ATrpms kernel w/ XFS support
ATrpms drivers for various hardware (ltmodem, forcedeth,
lirc, video4linux, etc ....)
MythTV from ATrpms (including all dependencies like MPlayer)
yum, apt, synaptics from ATrpms

And all SRPMS.

Now, a question I have to you all :

Would people want the DVD as-is as one DVD or do people
want a smaller DVD that has no sources but they can
download a seperate DVD with SRPMS if they want it?

It cuts the size down into half basically for the download
if we take that route and also (for the time being)
puts us below the 2 GiB barrier that so many FTP programs
have.

Everybody and anybody - please come with ideas.

// Stefan
Status Update for the DVD [ In reply to ]

Status Update for the DVD [ In reply to ]
If I were to use such a DVD, I would prefer to download one without all
the SRPMS.