Mailing List Archive

nvidia kmdls missing
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Axel,
>
> there is not a single nvidia kmdl available in the repo
> for the long lived version.
>
> I am trying to upgrade to F18 and I am stuck, because
> I do not have X running and nvidia 325 does not install either.
>
> Thanks.

I see now. Nividia kmdl does not compile under 3.10.
I forced the installation of nvidia 325.15 and I finally have X running on
F18...

The error I got was:

nvidia-graphics325.15-libs: Depends: libGL.so()(64bit) but it is not
installable
nvidia-graphics325.15-libs.32bit: Depends: libGL.so but it is not
installable

Any ideas?

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: nvidia kmdls missing [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:37:45PM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Axel,
> >
> > there is not a single nvidia kmdl available in the repo
> > for the long lived version.
> >
> > I am trying to upgrade to F18 and I am stuck, because
> > I do not have X running and nvidia 325 does not install either.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> I see now. Nividia kmdl does not compile under 3.10.
> I forced the installation of nvidia 325.15 and I finally have X running on
> F18...
>
> The error I got was:
>
> nvidia-graphics325.15-libs: Depends: libGL.so()(64bit) but it is not
> installable
> nvidia-graphics325.15-libs.32bit: Depends: libGL.so but it is not
> installable
>
> Any ideas?

Not realy ATM - I only see that it is missing the '.1'. Probably a bad
nvidia build, and in that case all we can do is wait for the next
update. :(
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: nvidia kmdls missing [ In reply to ]
I was referring to the old stable versions, but they do not build any more,
anyway ...

I have recently upgraded via fedup from F17 to F18.

The only nvidia driver available for me is the newest 325.15, since the
previous
versions do not compile on kernels >= 3.10

Since then, I am unable to login in gnome. I get
"Oh, Something went wrong" on a black screen and I am kicked out.

Kde works just fine, though, and cinnamon is unbearable slow.

I am using RedHat since 1997 and this is the first time gnome fails me ...

I was wandering whether this has anything to do with my card GeForce GT 640
and
this new driver (I do not have any other version to try).

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 4:50 AM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:37:45PM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Axel,
> > >
> > > there is not a single nvidia kmdl available in the repo
> > > for the long lived version.
> > >
> > > I am trying to upgrade to F18 and I am stuck, because
> > > I do not have X running and nvidia 325 does not install either.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >

> > I see now. Nividia kmdl does not compile under 3.10.
> > I forced the installation of nvidia 325.15 and I finally have X running
> on
> > F18...
> >
> > The error I got was:
> >
> > nvidia-graphics325.15-libs: Depends: libGL.so()(64bit) but it is not
> > installable
> > nvidia-graphics325.15-libs.32bit: Depends: libGL.so but it is not
> > installable
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Not realy ATM - I only see that it is missing the '.1'. Probably a bad
> nvidia build, and in that case all we can do is wait for the next
> update. :(
> --
> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
DCC - UFRJ
Re: nvidia kmdls missing [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 11:31:35AM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> I was referring to the old stable versions, but they do not build any more,
> anyway ...
>
> I have recently upgraded via fedup from F17 to F18.

BTW why not F19?

> The only nvidia driver available for me is the newest 325.15, since the
> previous
> versions do not compile on kernels >= 3.10

I hope we'll get 319.x and 304.x as well later today.

> Since then, I am unable to login in gnome. I get
> "Oh, Something went wrong" on a black screen and I am kicked out.
>
> Kde works just fine, though, and cinnamon is unbearable slow.
>
> I am using RedHat since 1997 and this is the first time gnome fails me ...
>
> I was wandering whether this has anything to do with my card GeForce GT 640
> and
> this new driver (I do not have any other version to try).

Is this still the case?

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 4:50 AM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:37:45PM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> > > I see now. Nividia kmdl does not compile under 3.10.
> > > I forced the installation of nvidia 325.15 and I finally have X running
> > on
> > > F18...
> > >
> > > The error I got was:
> > >
> > > nvidia-graphics325.15-libs: Depends: libGL.so()(64bit) but it is not
> > > installable
> > > nvidia-graphics325.15-libs.32bit: Depends: libGL.so but it is not
> > > installable
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > Not realy ATM - I only see that it is missing the '.1'. Probably a bad
> > nvidia build, and in that case all we can do is wait for the next
> > update. :(
> > --
> > Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> DCC - UFRJ

Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: nvidia kmdls missing [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 4:13 AM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 11:31:35AM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > I was referring to the old stable versions, but they do not build any
> more,
> > anyway ...
> >
> > I have recently upgraded via fedup from F17 to F18.
>
> BTW why not F19?

Because I am still using grub 1 and I think F19 only has grub 2.
Is this true? Should I go to grub2 before upgrading to F19?

> > The only nvidia driver available for me is the newest 325.15, since the
> > previous
> > versions do not compile on kernels >= 3.10
>
> I hope we'll get 319.x and 304.x as well later today.
>
> > Since then, I am unable to login in gnome. I get
> > "Oh, Something went wrong" on a black screen and I am kicked out.
> >
> > Kde works just fine, though, and cinnamon is unbearable slow.
> >
> > I am using RedHat since 1997 and this is the first time gnome fails me
> >
> > I was wandering whether this has anything to do with my card GeForce GT
> 640
> > and
> > this new driver (I do not have any other version to try).
>
> Is this still the case?

No. Cinnamon is fast again with nvidia 319.49, bu I still cannot login in
gnome ...

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ