--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: vlc 2.0.1 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is vlc 2.0.1 (I had to patch it):
>
> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/vlc-2.0.1-2.fc14.src.rpm
>
> There is also a new ffmpeg, if you want:
>
> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/ffmpeg-0.10.2-54.fc14.src.rpm

Well,

I am still seeing the two main bugs, as before:

1) DBV-T (ISDB-T in my case) freezes vlc and
renders my usb capture device unusable, which forces me to reboot, to be
able to use the device again.

2) vdpau-video installed causes most videos to stutter.

I ended up rebuilding vlc-1.1.13 relocatable
and installing it in /usr/local. This way, I can
either use vlc 1.1.13 or 2.0.1. I just needed to write a bash script vlc.sh
to add /usr/local first in LD_LIBRARY path and then call vlc 1.1.13:

#!/bin/sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/${ARCH_LIBDIR}:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
pldir=$HOME
binary=/usr/local/bin/vlc
#export MALLOC_CHECK_=0
# Exports LANG to force ISO-8859-1 char code
# for m3u files and playlists.
# export LANG=en_US
# IFS=" "
if [ -x $binary ]
then
cd $pldir
$binary "$@"
else
echo "Couldn't execute $binary!"
fi

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: vlc 2.0.1 [ In reply to ]
In fact, upgrading my videolinux drivers to today snapshot made my digital
tv
work again with vlc 2.0.1:

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/video4linux-20120321_295cfcf-100.fc14.src.rpm

--