To supply a compatibility package would be a solution, but there are also
several plugins to be taken into account.

I did not test this new xine-lib package, but maybe someone else is
interested in doing it.

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: About xine-lib 1.2.1 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 07:29:31AM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> I built xine-lib 1.2.1:
>
> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/xine-lib-1.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm
>
> However, kde is linked against libxine.so.1(), from the previous 1.1
> xine-lib series.
>
> To supply a compatibility package would be a solution, but there are also
> several plugins to be taken into account.
>
> I did not test this new xine-lib package, but maybe someone else is
> interested in doing it.

I tried to build it for all dists the previous xine-lib built - it
fails for F15 and EL5. The successful builds are under bleeding.

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: About xine-lib 1.2.1 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 07:29:31AM -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > I built xine-lib 1.2.1:
> >

> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/xine-lib-1.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm
> >
> > However, kde is linked against libxine.so.1(), from the previous 1.1
> > xine-lib series.
> >
> > To supply a compatibility package would be a solution, but there are also
> > several plugins to be taken into account.
> >
> > I did not test this new xine-lib package, but maybe someone else is
> > interested in doing it.
>
> I tried to build it for all dists the previous xine-lib built - it
> fails for F15 and EL5. The successful builds are under bleeding.

It seems that you removed xine-lib 1.20.1
from F16 and F15 stable. Can you bring them back?

xine-lib 1.2 offers new goodies, such as vdpau support, but it really has
to be in bleeding
for quite some time.

We are experiencing a lot of multimedia updates:

gstreamer went to 0.11
vlc to 2.0
xine to 1.2
mpg123 to 1.14

We have to be extra careful not to break anything.
vlc 2.0, for instance, has some problems, which
demand for another release as soon as it is available.

I am trying to update everything to the last
stable release, so we can test the new stuff thoroughly.

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ