--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: New libva [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 08:51 -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> this new version installs cleanly and does not have a single patch:
> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/libva-1.0.12-5.fc14.src.rpm

Nice, thanks!

> libva 1.0.10 is part of F15 now, and therefore we took the right
> decision when we started to use it.

Well, whether something in Fedora is a correct decision depends highly
on the packager. Recently some package (I forget which, but it's in the
list somewhere) just changed all it soname symbols w/o any other change
(!).

> Maybe your drm patch still applies, but I am really not sure whether
> it is better not to use a newer drm ...

The newer drm seems to cause problems (there was a bug report on some
driver even crashing), so it is not a drop in replacement, if we were to
continue to enforce the drm update we would have to rebuild everything
built against it and test at least on the three major graphic hardware
vendors.
--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/