Mailing List Archive

[Slightly OT] Help building an srpm
Hi folks. Sorry for being slightly off-topic, since I'm asking about a
non-atrpms srpm, but you guys know lots about building stuff, especially
more recent stuff on older distros so please excuse me :-)

I'm trying to build fuse-ext2
http://dwrobel.fedorapeople.org/projects/rpmbuild/SRPMS/fuse-ext2-0.0.7-4.fc13.src.rpm
on EL5 (CentOS 5.5, kernel 2.6.18-243 x86_64) and it bails out as follows:

+ autoreconf -si
configure.ac:83: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_TYPE_SSIZE_T
See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

I get the same building straight from the source.

A little Googling suggests I need autoconf 2.60 or later and all I have
is 2.59. Anyone got a RPM (x86_64) I can safely use? Will I have to
update other build tools as well? Building the building tools is too
much for me :-)

I tried also going to the older ext2fuse project, even though I don't
like its scary warnings about it toasting hard drives, but its build
bails out with something similar but different:

imager.c:41: error: conflicting types for ‘ssize_t’
/usr/include/unistd.h:191: error: previous declaration of ‘ssize_t’ was here

If you want to know why I want fuse-ext2 - I need to mount an ext2
filesystem which has 16K blocks (because it was created on a ReadyNAS
which has a Sparc CPU with 16K pages), while my kernel's ext2 filesystem
apparently only supports blocks up to 4K. I haven't got the drive yet
but it's in the post and I'd like to be ready :-)

Thanks in advance,

John.

Re: [Slightly OT] Help building an srpm [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM, John Robinson <
john.robinson@anonymous.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi folks. Sorry for being slightly off-topic, since I'm asking about a
> non-atrpms srpm, but you guys know lots about building stuff, especially
> more recent stuff on older distros so please excuse me :-)
>
> I'm trying to build fuse-ext2
> http://dwrobel.fedorapeople.org/projects/rpmbuild/SRPMS/fuse-ext2-0.0.7-4.fc13.src.rpmon EL5 (CentOS 5.5, kernel 2.6.18-243 x86_64) and it bails out as follows:
>
> + autoreconf -si
> configure.ac:83: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_TYPE_SSIZE_T
> If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
> See the Autoconf documentation.
> autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.22723 (%build)
>
> I get the same building straight from the source.
>
> A little Googling suggests I need autoconf 2.60 or later and all I have is
> 2.59. Anyone got a RPM (x86_64) I can safely use? Will I have to update
> other build tools as well? Building the building tools is too much for me
> :-)
>
> I tried also going to the older ext2fuse project, even though I don't like
> its scary warnings about it toasting hard drives, but its build bails out
> with something similar but different:
>
> imager.c:41: error: conflicting types for ‘ssize_t’
> /usr/include/unistd.h:191: error: previous declaration of ‘ssize_t’ was
> here
>
> If you want to know why I want fuse-ext2 - I need to mount an ext2
> filesystem which has 16K blocks (because it was created on a ReadyNAS which
> has a Sparc CPU with 16K pages), while my kernel's ext2 filesystem
> apparently only supports blocks up to 4K. I haven't got the drive yet but
> it's in the post and I'd like to be ready :-)

I upgraded autoconf, automake and libtool in rhel5:

http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-el5-x86_64/lcgrpms/autoconf-2.63-5.el5.noarch.rpm

http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-el5-x86_64/lcgrpms/automake-1.11.1-1.el5.noarch.rpm

http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-el5-x86_64/lcgrpms/libtool-ltdl-2.2.6-18.el5.1.x86_64.rpm

http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-el5-x86_64/lcgrpms/libtool-ltdl-devel-2.2.6-18.el5.1.x86_64.rpm