Mailing List Archive

New vlc 1.1.6
Hi, Axel

There is a new vlc available:

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/vlc-1.1.6-64.fc14.src.rpm

Also, avidemux 2.5.4-28 does not run because of a Qt missing symbol.
Probably it was linked against Qt 4.7. There is no need to use
Qt 4.7 yet. I have just built qtwebkit and recompiled PyQt4 (to activate
webkit)
and I was able to build even calibre and rebuild mythtv 0.23.1

Another one, gstreamer plugins bad only produces a dvd plugin if we use
libdvdnav 4.1.4 from F12. Why are you using version 0.1.10?

Finally, you disabled musepack-tools-devel because mplayer does not compile
with it.
Well, it would be better to just force the version you want in mplayer spec
file:

%{?with_musepack:BuildRequires: libmpcdec-devel = 1.2.6}

Mplayer does not play sv8 mpc files anyway, but vlc could, if it used the
appropriate
devel package (libmpcdec-devel = 1.2.7, from the original
musepack-tools-devel).

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: New vlc 1.1.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 10:54 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> There is a new vlc available:

Thanks! In the queue!

> Also, avidemux 2.5.4-28 does not run because of a Qt missing symbol.
> Probably it was linked against Qt 4.7.

It was for EL5 and EL6.

> There is no need to use Qt 4.7 yet.

I think I needed it for EL5, you are probably referring to RHEL6?

> Another one, gstreamer plugins bad only produces a dvd plugin if we
> use libdvdnav 4.1.4 from F12. Why are you using version 0.1.10?

I don't really like what happened to libdvdnav, it has a stray homepage
on 0.1.10, probably abandoned by the previous authors w/o passing the
torch to anyone and the new team around mplayer seems to tries to keep
up a semi-announced fork.

But this situation is that way for some years, and seems to become the
defacto setup, so I'll just rebuild Fedora's version and then rebuild
the gstreamer plugins.

> Finally, you disabled musepack-tools-devel because mplayer does not
> compile with it.

I didn't disable it, it is still there. What I did was to defuse the
drop-in replacement of libmpcdec-devel since musepack is neither
claiming to be API, nor ABI backward compatible to libmpcdec. Looking at
the sources it looks like the developers even intend for users to be
able to coinstall both.

> Mplayer does not play sv8 mpc files anyway, but vlc could, if it used
> the appropriate
> devel package (libmpcdec-devel = 1.2.7, from the original
> musepack-tools-devel).

Have you tried it? If it does work, then why not use a direct BR on
musepack-tools-devel?
--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/
Re: New vlc 1.1.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 16:10 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 10:54 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > Mplayer does not play sv8 mpc files anyway, but vlc could, if it used
> > the appropriate
> > devel package (libmpcdec-devel = 1.2.7, from the original
> > musepack-tools-devel).
>
> Have you tried it? If it does work, then why not use a direct BR on
> musepack-tools-devel?

I checked vlc and it checks to see if sv8 is installed and then falls
back to checking libmpcdec 1.2.6.
--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/
Re: New vlc 1.1.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 10:54 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > There is a new vlc available:
>
> Thanks! In the queue!
>
> > Also, avidemux 2.5.4-28 does not run because of a Qt missing symbol.
> > Probably it was linked against Qt 4.7.
>
> It was for EL5 and EL6.
>
> > There is no need to use Qt 4.7 yet.
>
> I think I needed it for EL5, you are probably referring to RHEL6?

Yes, rhel6. qt47 is in testing there, and avidemux should be linked to qt
4.6.2, I guess...

> > Another one, gstreamer plugins bad only produces a dvd plugin if we
> > use libdvdnav 4.1.4 from F12. Why are you using version 0.1.10?
>
> I don't really like what happened to libdvdnav, it has a stray homepage
> on 0.1.10, probably abandoned by the previous authors w/o passing the
> torch to anyone and the new team around mplayer seems to tries to keep
> up a semi-announced fork.
>
> But this situation is that way for some years, and seems to become the
> defacto setup, so I'll just rebuild Fedora's version and then rebuild
> the gstreamer plugins.

I only had problem with the full gstreamer-plugins-bad, which ATrpms does
not supply (but it provides gstfaac, for playing mp4 files):

This is the plugin that did not build on rhel6:

/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so <-------

I built all the missing packages for gstreamer-plugins-bad and vlc.

gmyth-devel-0.7.1-11.el6.1.x86_64.rpm
gmyth-0.7.1-11.el6.1.x86_64.rpm
amrwb-devel-7.0.0.3-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
amrwb-7.0.0.3-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
libmimic-devel-1.0.4-4.el6.x86_64.rpm
libmimic-1.0.4-4.el6.x86_64.rpm
libofa-devel-0.9.3-16.el6.x86_64.rpm
libofa-0.9.3-16.el6.x86_64.rpm
lv2core-devel-4.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
lv2core-4.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
slv2-devel-0.6.6-6.el6.x86_64.rpm
slv2-0.6.6-6.el6.x86_64.rpm
celt-devel-0.7.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
celt-0.7.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
gstreamer-plugins-bad-0.10.19-16.el6.x86_64.rpm
gstreamer-plugins-bad-devel-0.10.19-16.el6.x86_64.rpm
openslp-server-1.2.1-14.el6.x86_64.rpm
openslp-devel-1.2.1-14.el6.x86_64.rpm
openslp-1.2.1-14.el6.x86_64.rpm
libopendaap-devel-0.4.0-7.el6.x86_64.rpm
libopendaap-0.4.0-7.el6.x86_64.rpm
Glide3-devel-20050815-10.el6.x86_64.rpm
Glide3-20050815-10.el6.x86_64.rpm

> > Finally, you disabled musepack-tools-devel because mplayer does not
> > compile with it.
>
> I didn't disable it, it is still there. What I did was to defuse the
> drop-in replacement of libmpcdec-devel since musepack is neither
> claiming to be API, nor ABI backward compatible to libmpcdec. Looking at
> the sources it looks like the developers even intend for users to be
> able to coinstall both.
>
> > Mplayer does not play sv8 mpc files anyway, but vlc could, if it used
> > the appropriate
> > devel package (libmpcdec-devel = 1.2.7, from the original
> > musepack-tools-devel).
>
> Have you tried it? If it does work, then why not use a direct BR on
> musepack-tools-devel?

You commented the include bits:

#%{_includedir}/mpcdec

Vlc compiles fine with sv8.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: New vlc 1.1.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 13:27 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net>
> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 10:54 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > Finally, you disabled musepack-tools-devel because mplayer does not
> > compile with it.
> I didn't disable it, it is still there. What I did was to
> defuse the drop-in replacement of libmpcdec-devel since
> musepack is neither claiming to be API, nor ABI backward
> compatible to libmpcdec. Looking at the sources it looks like
> the developers even intend for users to be able to coinstall
> both.

> You commented the include bits:
> #%{_includedir}/mpcdec

Yes, that was just a symlink from mpc/*.h (sv8) to mpcdec/*.h (1.2.6).
sv8's include files are not backward compatible and therefore upstream
changed the include path deliberately for the application to catch up.
Symlinking the old location defeats that purpose.

> Vlc compiles fine with sv8.

Yes, but it explicitly checks both positions and prefers sv8's mpc/*.h,
if found. I don't think there is any not ported application that just
builds by symlinking the include trees, at least not vlc and mplayer.

--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/
Re: New vlc 1.1.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 16:10 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 10:54 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > > Mplayer does not play sv8 mpc files anyway, but vlc could, if it used
> > > the appropriate
> > > devel package (libmpcdec-devel = 1.2.7, from the original
> > > musepack-tools-devel).
> >
> > Have you tried it? If it does work, then why not use a direct BR on
> > musepack-tools-devel?
>
> I checked vlc and it checks to see if sv8 is installed and then falls
> back to checking libmpcdec 1.2.6.

This is what I have on my F14 system:

mplayer:
libmpcdec.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libmpcdec.so.5

gtsremer-plugins-bad:
/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmusepack.so
libmpcdec.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libmpcdec.so.6

vlc:
/usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/demux/libmpc_plugin.so
libmpcdec.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libmpcdec.so.6

audacious_plugins:
/usr/lib64/audacious/Input/ffaudio.so

But I think mplayer is like audacious, and uses ffmpeg to play mpc files,
either sv7 or sv8.
Therefore, I do not think it even needs a BR libmpcdec anymore:

[cascavel:~/temp/videos] mplayer 01\ -\ Asa\ Branca.mpc
MPlayer SVN-r32789-snapshot-4.5.1 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
161 audio & 351 video codecs
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory
Can't init input joystick

Playing 01 - Asa Branca.mpc.
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] stream 0: audio (mpc8), -aid 0
Load subtitles in ./
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 0.0 kbit/0.00% (ratio: 0->176400)
Selected audio codec: [ffmusepack8] afm: ffmpeg (Musepack sv8 audio codec)
<--------------------------------------------
AO: [pulse] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Video: no video
Starting playback...
A: 0.9 (00.9) of 342.7 (05:42.7) 0.5%

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: New vlc 1.1.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 13:27 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net>
> > wrote:
> > On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 10:54 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > > Finally, you disabled musepack-tools-devel because mplayer does not
> > > compile with it.
> > I didn't disable it, it is still there. What I did was to
> > defuse the drop-in replacement of libmpcdec-devel since
> > musepack is neither claiming to be API, nor ABI backward
> > compatible to libmpcdec. Looking at the sources it looks like
> > the developers even intend for users to be able to coinstall
> > both.
>
> > You commented the include bits:
> > #%{_includedir}/mpcdec
>
> Yes, that was just a symlink from mpc/*.h (sv8) to mpcdec/*.h (1.2.6).
> sv8's include files are not backward compatible and therefore upstream
> changed the include path deliberately for the application to catch up.
> Symlinking the old location defeats that purpose.

Oh, I see. I thought you removed the entire mpc directory.

This link was not in the previous spec. Did you put it there?

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: New vlc 1.1.6 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 17:26 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net>
> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 13:27 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Axel Thimm
> <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net>
> > wrote:
> > On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 10:54 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>
> > > Finally, you disabled musepack-tools-devel because mplayer
> does not
> > > compile with it.
> > I didn't disable it, it is still there. What I did
> was to
> > defuse the drop-in replacement of libmpcdec-devel
> since
> > musepack is neither claiming to be API, nor ABI
> backward
> > compatible to libmpcdec. Looking at the sources it
> looks like
> > the developers even intend for users to be able to
> coinstall
> > both.
>

> > You commented the include bits:
> > #%{_includedir}/mpcdec
>

> Yes, that was just a symlink from mpc/*.h (sv8) to mpcdec/*.h
> (1.2.6).
> sv8's include files are not backward compatible and therefore
> upstream
> changed the include path deliberately for the application to
> catch up.
> Symlinking the old location defeats that purpose.
>

> Oh, I see. I thought you removed the entire mpc directory.
>
> This link was not in the previous spec. Did you put it there?

Maybe I did in an effort to build something needing 1.2.6 which the old
musepack devel package was replacing (mplayer?).

--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/