Mailing List Archive

Request for Assistance: Apache mod_slotmem_shm POC
Dear Members,

I hope this email finds you well. I am currently working on a Proof of Concept (POC) project where I aim to utilize Apache's mod_slotmem_shm module for caching data in the shared memory of Apache and subsequently accessing this cached data across all Apache workers. However, I have encountered some challenges and would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving them.

Specifically, I am attempting to implement the functionalities described in the mod_slotmem_shm documentation found at the following link: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_slotmem_shm.html

My objective is to create a POC that demonstrates the effective caching of data within Apache shared memory and its retrieval across multiple Apache worker processes.

I have already reviewed the documentation provided by Apache, but I am facing difficulties in correctly implementing the functionality in my environment.

Below are some specific areas where I am seeking assistance:

1. Initialization and configuration of mod_slotmem_shm within Apache.
2. Writing code to cache data in the shared memory using mod_slotmem_shm.
3. Retrieving cached data from the shared memory across multiple Apache worker processes.

If any of you have experience or expertise in working with mod_slotmem_shm or have implemented similar solutions in the past, I would greatly appreciate any guidance, code examples, or best practices that you can share.

Additionally, if there are any specific configurations, considerations, or potential pitfalls that I should be aware of when working with mod_slotmem_shm, I would be grateful for your insights.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this email, and I look forward to any assistance or advice you can provide.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Tarun Kumar Sarkar

Cross-Functional People and Competence - People Lead Bochum (ETAS-SEC/XPC-Bo1)
Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 10 60 50 | 70049 Stuttgart | GERMANY | www.bosch.com
Tel. +49 234 43870-308 | Mobile +49 172 6994124 | Fax +49 234 43870-211 | TarunKumar.Sarkar@etas.com<mailto:TarunKumar.Sarkar@etas.com>

Registered Office: Stuttgart, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer;
Managing Directors: Dr. Stefan Hartung, Dr. Christian Fischer, Dr. Markus Forschner,
Stefan Grosch, Dr. Markus Heyn, Dr. Frank Meyer, Dr. Tanja Rückert
?