Mailing List Archive

Cannot Delete a WordPress Database. Trying to Install a Second Database.
I'll start off by saying I know nothing about servers and the technical
details of WordPress.

I had installed WordPress to one of my local hard drives so I can design two
separate websites and test them both offline. However, when I try to
connect, the browser displays a page that states there is an error and it
cannot connect to the database.

I have not yet designed anything or otherwise created any content. Also,
since I'm going to design two sites that will have different domain names, I
decided, that I should have two separate WordPress installations on my one
server (hard drive). But that was after I had already installed one set of
the basic WordPress files (but no content yet for the site).

Given the errors and the fact that I hadn't created any content, I decided
it would be better to just uninstall all the WordPress files, then reinstall
them from scratch. But now, the phpMyAdmin app (via XAMPP) will not allow me
to drop (delete) the WordPress database. Please see the attached screenshot.

What should I do to 1. remove all traces of WordPress, then 2. install two
separate copies of the WordPress package (in different folders) on my one
hard drive?
Re: Cannot Delete a WordPress Database. Trying to Install a Second Database. [ In reply to ]