Mailing List Archive

Apache Keeps Crashing in XAMPP.
Hello.

I've been trying to install WordPress on an external drive on my local
computer so I can build and test a website locally.

But I continue to have issues with Apache, which I'm trying to use via the
XAMPP Control Panel.

It was advised that I restart XAMPP with the boxes under Service left
unchecked for both Apache and MySQL, which I did.

MySQL has started successfully. But Apache still will not start. In the log,
the error reads...

6:09:53 PM [Apache] Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.

6:09:53 PM [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing
dependencies,

6:09:53 PM [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by
another method.

6:09:53 PM [Apache] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check

6:09:53 PM [Apache] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues

6:09:53 PM [Apache] If you need more help, copy and post this

6:09:53 PM [Apache] entire log window on the forums

I thought I changed the port already. So, I guess something else is causing
Apache to crash. But, what, exactly? I'm not really sure which log to check.

Help, please.
Re: Apache Keeps Crashing in XAMPP. [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 11:04?PM <webadmin@themavo.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>

> I’ve been trying to install WordPress on an external drive on my local
> computer so I can build and test a website locally.
>

> But I continue to have issues with Apache, which I’m trying to use via the
> XAMPP Control Panel.
>

> It was advised that I restart XAMPP with the boxes under Service left
> unchecked for both Apache and MySQL, which I did.
>

> MySQL has started successfully. But Apache still will not start. In the
> log, the error reads...
>

> 6:09:53 PM [Apache] Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
>
> 6:09:53 PM [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing
> dependencies,
>
> 6:09:53 PM [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by
> another method.
>
> 6:09:53 PM [Apache] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
>
> 6:09:53 PM [Apache] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
>
> 6:09:53 PM [Apache] If you need more help, copy and post this
>
> 6:09:53 PM [Apache] entire log window on the forums
>

> I thought I changed the port already. So, I guess something else is
> causing Apache to crash. But, what, exactly? I'm not really sure which log
> to check.
>

> Help, please.

Let's start, again, with the instructions provided to you by that snippet?