Regards,

John
=========

Re: Error in APR files [ In reply to ]
Compiling from source isn't the best path, if you're referencing the other
users@ post, no. You should use your distro's packages, unless you need a
very specific version.

That being said, the files from the main link are fine. It sounds like you
saved the web page:

https://apr.apache.org/download.cgi

Re: Error in APR files [ In reply to ]
Thanks Frank.

What I did was:
wget https://apr.apache.org/download.cgi/apr-1.7.4.tar.bz2

which is more or less how I got the Apache source. But I will use the package
that comes with the distro. Seems to be the normal way to get it from the

thanks for your help.

John
======

Re: Error in APR files [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 7, 2023 at 9:55?AM John Iliffe <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca> wrote:

> Thanks Frank.
>
> What I did was:
> wget https://apr.apache.org/download.cgi/apr-1.7.4.tar.bz2

Maybe this redirected to a download mirror URL in the past, but it
doesn't now and this URL isn't on the website.

The website links to https://dlcdn.apache.org//apr/apr-1.7.4.tar.bz2
which uses a CDN rather than a network of mirror.