Mailing List Archive

Inquiry Regarding Dynamic Configuration in Httpd
Dear Members of the Apache HTTPD Community,

I am writing to inquire about a use case that requires me to avoid
restarting HTTPD. As such, I have conducted extensive research into the use
of mod_proxy_balancer and its associated capabilities, specifically
regarding the dynamic configuration of balancer members.

Currently, I have successfully added balancer members through the
/balancer-manager interface. However, I have encountered some difficulties
when attempting to delete or update the URL of these members. I am
wondering if it is possible to edit the host and port of a balancer member
dynamically. If this functionality is available within the module, I would
be grateful if you could provide guidance on how to utilize it, as I have
been unable to locate an edit option in the balancer-manager interface.

Alternatively, if this functionality is not currently available, I would
appreciate an explanation as to why this is not feasible.

Stéphane