In my Apache error log, I'm getting the following error:

c:/php/root/myroot/rejection.html is not executable; ensure interpreted scripts have "#!" first line

Why would I need "#!" on an HTML document? Is there a way around this when running Apache on Windows?

Re: ErrorDocument [ In reply to ]
I'm willing to bet that '/php/' is a ScriptAlias in your config file.
For that reason, Apache is thinking it's a cgi program, but with no
interpreter specified (that's why it's complaining about the '#!' - it's
expecting something like '#!/usr/bin/perl'). Probably the best solution
is to move the file to another directory that isn't for scripts.

--
Pete Nelson, Web Developer
<pete.nelson@ci.stpaul.mn.us>

>>> romartin@ssd.usa.alcatel.com 02/27/02 02:08PM >>>

I'm running Apache 1.3.20 on a Windows 98 machine.

I'm trying to customize an ErrorDocument in my .htaccess file like so:

ErrorDocument 401 /php/root/MyRoot/rejection.html