Mailing List Archive

ErrorDocument Internal Link, Re-Posted
Hi, I have a problem, I added

ErrorDocument 404 /nf.cfm

Should work, but it did not in IE, however it did work in NS (Netscape), I
add a .htaccess file to the root, and added

ErrorDocument 404 /nf.cfm.

This too, does the same thing, works for NS, but not IE, IE gets the 404.

Through testing, we found that files over 500bytes, would work with IE the first
time, but not again till the file was physically replaced. So it appears
that IE can be fouled, at least once, with a speculative 512bytes file size, but
with it not working after the first time, it does not help allot.

I feel the Apache server is out of whack, with this inconsistent behavior.
IIS runs this config just fine, with any file size, MS talking to MS, but it
can't seem to get around sniffing the 404 from Apache.

I'm running 1.3 on Solaris. I don't think I can use the Redirect_ServerName
syntax, as the first time I put in the directives, the server crashed, I
think that it is for v2.0 Apache.

Any thoughts, this should be an open and close case, but after 50 hours of
banging my head against the wall, I am calling out for some help.

Thanks
Victor Nichols