Mailing List Archive

Apache 1.3.22 and SunOS2.6
Hello all,

I have a strange problem with Apache on SunOS2.6
I downloaded the archive of Apache 1.3.22 and I tried to installed under my SunOS box using the following directives:

#!/bin/sh

SSL_BASE="../openssl-0.9.6b"
EAPI_MM="../mm-1.1.3"
export SSL_BASE EAPI_MM

./configure \
--prefix=/export/home/adriant/temp/apache \
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
--enable-shared=max \
--enable-module=ssl \
--enable-module=so \
--enable-module=auth_anon \
--enable-module=cern_meta \
--enable-module=digest \
--enable-module=expires \
--enable-module=headers \
--enable-module=info \
--enable-module=log_agent \
--enable-module=log_referer \
--enable-module=mime_magic \
--enable-module=mmap_static \
--enable-module=proxy \
--enable-module=rewrite \
--enable-module=unique_id \
--enable-module=usertrack \
--enable-module=vhost_alias \
--server-uid=nobody --server-gid=nobody

I have OpenSSL, MM, ModSSL configured and compiled for this.

The compilation works perfect, but when I try to start the httpd daemon with "apachectl start" I got this strange message:

Segmentation Fault
Apachectl start: httpd server could not be started

I'm using gcc/2.95.3 for sparc-sun-solaris2.6, make/3.79.1, binutils/2.11.2, bison/1.28, flex/2.54a, m4/1.4

I wonder what I miss on this.
I did Apache installations under Linux with absolutely no problem, but this SunOS2.6 on UltraSPARC is killing me.

TIA,
Adi
Re: Apache 1.3.22 and SunOS2.6 [ In reply to ]
> Adrian Turcu wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have a strange problem with Apache on SunOS2.6
>
> I downloaded the archive of Apache 1.3.22 and I tried to installed
> under my SunOS box using the following directives:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> SSL_BASE="../openssl-0.9.6b"
>
> EAPI_MM="../mm-1.1.3"
>
> export SSL_BASE EAPI_MM
>
> ./configure \
>
> --prefix=/export/home/adriant/temp/apache \
>
> --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
>
> --enable-shared=max \
>
> --enable-module=ssl \
>
> --enable-module=so \
>
> --enable-module=auth_anon \
>
> --enable-module=cern_meta \
>
> --enable-module=digest \
>
> --enable-module=expires \
>
> --enable-module=headers \
>
> --enable-module=info \
>
> --enable-module=log_agent \
>
> --enable-module=log_referer \
>
> --enable-module=mime_magic \
>
> --enable-module=mmap_static \
>
> --enable-module=proxy \
>
> --enable-module=rewrite \
>
> --enable-module=unique_id \
>
> --enable-module=usertrack \
>
> --enable-module=vhost_alias \
>
> --server-uid=nobody --server-gid=nobody
>
> I have OpenSSL, MM, ModSSL configured and compiled for this.
>
> The compilation works perfect, but when I try to start the httpd
> daemon with "apachectl start" I got this strange message:
>
> Segmentation Fault

That can't be good... At a guess, I'd say you're mixing in a library
compiled on another machine. Are you sure you unpacked and recompiled
mm, openssl, mod_ssl and apache all on the machine you're trying to run
it on?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

RE: Apache 1.3.22 and SunOS2.6 [ In reply to ]
I am positive that I compiled everything on the same machine....
Attached is what I get when I run:

# truss bin/httpd

under Apache install directory. Maybe it can help some one.
The platform is UltraSparc with 4 CPUs and 1G RAM.

<<truss.out.httpd.gz>>

Regards,
Adi

RE: Apache 1.3.22 and SunOS2.6 [ In reply to ]
Hello all,

I solved the problem. The link I was inspired is:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=SunOS+group:comp.infosystems.www.servers.*+group:comp.infosystems.www.servers.*&start=50&hl=en&scoring=d&selm=slrn8ta1b8.4tn.dave%40svarozic.srce.hr&rnum=59

What I did is:

- create a file named as in /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.3
- the content of this file is

--- cut here ---
#!/bin/sh

exec /usr/ccs/bin/as "$@"
--- cut here ---

and compile again and.... It Works !

I'm very happy :) :) :)

Adi

Re: Apache 1.3.22 and SunOS2.6 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I have a problem with apache 1.3.23 on Windows 98 SE. The install went fine,
and as far as I can tell I have the configuration right (have tried a number
of tweaks to get things to work). However, every time I try to strat the
server it immediately shuts down. On checking the error log, I see the
following:

[Tue Feb 12 01:03:37 2002] [info] Parent: Created child process -201057
[Tue Feb 12 01:03:37 2002] [info] Parent: Duplicating socket 80 and sending
it to child process -201057
[Tue Feb 12 01:03:38 2002] [info] BytesRead = 372 WSAProtocolInfo = 020
[Tue Feb 12 01:03:38 2002] [crit] (10091)(FormatMessage failed with code
317): setup_inherited_listeners: WSASocket failed to open the inherited
socket.
[Tue Feb 12 01:03:38 2002] [info] master_main: Shutdown event signaled.
Shutting the server down.
[Tue Feb 12 01:03:38 2002] [info] removed PID file c:/program files/apache
group/apache/logs/httpd.pid (pid=-416861)

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the socket cannot be opened?

I have tried everything I can think of. I've made sure I have no firewalls
running, no other services, I've tried using different port numbers - every
time exactly the same error.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Charles