Mailing List Archive

POST without any content - sometimes
Hi!
I have a board script to which users can post (of course)
One IP-address has sometimes problems posting to that script, though.
Look at the log's below.

xxx.xxx.25.50 - - [10/Feb/2002:21:15:33 +0100] "POST
/cgi-bin/mboard/message.pl HTTP/1.1"
200 88 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)"

xxx.xxx.25.50 - - [10/Feb/2002:21:15:36 +0100] "POST
/cgi-bin/mboard/message.pl HTTP/1.1"
200 1683 "http://www.servern.nu/main.html" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)"

The first POST is erronuos as there is no content ("-") and the script
won't accept it as vaild.
The scond POST is okay as it has content
("http://www.servern.nu/main.html").
This happens ONLY to that IP-address. Since I havn't been able to find
anything to do about the problem, and since it seems to come and go, and
since it is only that IP-address, i draw the conclusion that the problem
really isn't mine, but what causes it??? How can the POST loose it's
content like that?
I know who the user is so I know it's an actual post that he tried to
make. The IP-address is an alias to a whole net with NAT (Linux). Could
it be some kind of proxy-web-cache or something that causes the problem?

Please excuse my poor english...

Best Regards
Anders, admin servern.nu

Re: POST without any content - sometimes [ In reply to ]
Hi again!
No one got a clue to my problem? A hunch or just a feeling would do just fine
:-)

/Anders