Mailing List Archive

HEADER and README in 1.3.19

RE: HEADER and README in 1.3.19 [ In reply to ]
> From: Tersigni, David A [mailto:TersigniDA@navair.navy.mil]

> I upgrade to a newer version of Redhat, which installed
> the 1.3.19 now the "HeaderName HEADER" and "ReadmeName README "No
> longer function.

I believe that you either need to

1. Turn on Multiviews; or

2. Explictly name "HeaderName HEADER.html" or "HeaderName HEADER.txt" or
whatever.

I recommend option 2.

Joshua.

RE: HEADER and README in 1.3.19 [ In reply to ]
Joshua,

I thought I tried option 2.... Well I tried it again, and it worked.
This is contrary to the "instructional" comments in the existing httpd.conf,
also, It did not pick up the TEXT file when it was simply named HEADER.

Very strange, but it is working now with both HEADER.html and HEADER.txt

Thanks
v/r Dave