Mailing List Archive

Problem with Apache-1.3.22/php-4.1
Hello users,

Happy New Year to you all.

After struggling for 2 complete days without success, I've decided to take the plunge
and seek help from you.

I installed apache-modssl from the FreeBSD ports and just with the default httpd.conf I
end up with this error. Someone knows why?

alligator# httpsdctl configtest
Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
API module structure `mmap_static_module' in file /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so is garbled - perhaps this is
not an Apache module DSO?
alligator#

Other info:

alligator# httpsd -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.12 Ben-SSL/1.40 (Unix)
Server built: Sep 6 2001 14:41:57

alligator% httpd -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.22 (Unix)
Server built: Jan 2 2002 15:04:16

This is another confusing factor ;-)

That aside, what is the order of installation when one wants to run Apache with PHP?
My problems are TWO: I've never had them before and a search on google doesn't seem
to give me much clue.

1. How do I enable SSL functinality by default? I want https://some_url/ and http://some_url
to both work even before I add my virtual hosts.

2. How do I get this version of apache to correctly parse .php???? right now it simply
displays the code instead. I also installed mod_php4.1.1 from the ports tree.

I am attaching the config file that I use hoping that someone will be able to FAULT me.

Thanks in advance.

-Wash

S y s t e m s A d m i n.

--
Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com> "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd. www.wananchi.com Windows 95, NT, or better,'

++
... the MYSTERIANS are in here with my CORDUROY SOAP DISH!!

RE: Problem with Apache-1.3.22/php-4.1 [ In reply to ]
Try adding
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
when configuring.

Mike

Re: Problem with Apache-1.3.22/php-4.1 [ In reply to ]
have you tried making mmap a dso, Personally I would download the apache
source then patch it with ssl and php and perl then build it.