Mailing List Archive

Auth-ing via LDAP
Yup, I've read the documentation. Anyone have any
realworld experiences and config file snippets they'd
be willing to share? What's working best in the
field, OpenLDAP or Netscrape? Once authenticated does
the user continue to share credentials via BASIC
authentication? I'm looking for someway to
authenticate lotsa users, potentially with some kinda
time-limited cookie deal to keep them from having to
re-authenticate at every server. Yup, Kerberos for
the web is an apt comparison...