City of Kenosha, Wisconsin USA, IS
mailto: tig@kenosha.org
(262)653.4201

RE: Username Logging [ In reply to ]

Don't use inetd mode. It is buggy and slow.

The "remote username" in the logs is set using HTTP authentication. It has
nothing to do with the login name of the the user on the client computer.
If you want that, the only way I know is to use ident. See
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#identitycheck

Joshua.