me a few pointers?

Regards,
Norman

Re: UserDir help [ In reply to ]
Norman Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I loaded the UserDir module using
>
> LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so
>
> in my httpd.conf
>
> and include the following in commonhttpd.conf
>
> <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
> UserDir public_html
> </IfModule>
>
> But I cannot get http://localhost/~userA to work. Would someone please give
> me a few pointers?

(1) I assume userA has a directory called "public_html" in his home
directory?

(2) Where exactly did you put the UserDir directive? It cannot go inside
a <Directory> container - check its context in the docs.

Rgds,

Owen BOyle.

Re: UserDir help [ In reply to ]
(You need to provide additional information if you expect a meaningful
answer.)
What does it mean "it does not work"? What kind of entries do you get in
error_log and access_log? Have you checked the public_html directory exists
in the home directory for userA? Does it have the right permissions?

Re: UserDir help [ In reply to ]
My public_html is under /home/userA. And public_html has are set using chomd
755. My UserDir appears in <IfModule> as given below. Do I need to setup
UserDir somewhere? Please help. TIA.

Norman

Re: UserDir help [ In reply to ]
Is mod_userdir built in into the server or loaded as a dynamic library?
Which error are you getting in the error_log, access_log?

Re: UserDir help [ In reply to ]
mod_userdir is loaded as a dynamic module. Below is my error_log and
access_log

error_log

[Fri Dec 21 16:00:09 2001] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Fri Dec 21 16:00:15 2001] [alert] httpd: Could not determine the server's
fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
[Fri Dec 21 16:00:15 2001] [notice] Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.22
(Mandrake Linux/1.1mdk) mod_ssl/2.8.5 OpenSSL/0.9.6b PHP/4.0.6 configured --
resuming normal operations
[Fri Dec 21 16:00:15 2001] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper:
/usr/sbin/suexec)
[Fri Dec 21 16:00:15 2001] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)

warning_log
127.0.0.1 - - [21/Dec/2001:16:01:58 -0800] "GET /~userA HTTP/1.1" 403 306
"-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20010914"

Thanks,