Mailing List Archive

Mail Server for Linux
Hello,

I am trying to configure a Linux box with Apache Webserver.

I intend to run multiple domain names from it using Apache.

Can anyone recommend a good mail server program for Linux that
handles multiple domain names?

Fred

Re: Mail Server for Linux [ In reply to ]
Exim.

www.exim.org

Re: Mail Server for Linux [ In reply to ]
Mmmmmmm.......Postfix ...i think so...
secure , easy to install,easy to make it work
it's the best one

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

Re: Mail Server for Linux [ In reply to ]
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure a Linux box with Apache Webserver.
>
> I intend to run multiple domain names from it using Apache.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good mail server program for Linux that
> handles multiple domain names?

This is not the appropriate mailinglist to ask this question, but I would
highlyrecommend postfix. It provides a fast, stable and secure solution, and
settingup postfix is very easy too. Postfix will handle multiple domains, so
will apache.
Cheers

--
Emre Yildirim <emre@asper.org>
GPG KeyID 0xF9E4A1D1 (pgpkeys.mit.edu)

Re: Mail Server for Linux [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 22:40, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

> Exim.
>
> www.exim.org

qmail is good, too.

http://www.qmail.org or http://cr.yp.to

Regards,

Jack Nerad

Re: Mail Server for Linux [ In reply to ]
Well,

It sort of is. I wanted the advice from people who were experienced
with running Apache Webserver on Linux. I thought they'd steer me
right.

Thanks. I'll check on Postfix.

Fred