I want to configure my apache to grant that only the domain users can view
the pages inside the folder ../html/domain. All users have the same access
to this folder.
and the folder ../html is public
How can I configure this?
I use Linux as SO and Apache 1.3.14

Rocha Neto
São Luis-MA - Brazil
RE: Domain Users Authentication [ In reply to ]
> From: Rocha Neto [mailto:linux@crescimento.com]

> I want to configure my apache to grant that only the domain users can
> view the pages inside the folder ../html/domain. All users have the same
> access to this folder.
> and the folder ../html is public

I'm not sure what you mean by "domain users". That can have many different
meaning in the computer world. Perhaps you mean users with client addresses
you yourdomain.example.com. If so, see the documentation for mod_access.
Quick example:

Order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from yourdomain.example.com

Joshua.

Re: RE: Domain Users Authentication [ In reply to ]
The "Domain Users" are the users that have user accounts in the domain
server.
The mod_access module is used to allow or deny hosts, isn´t it? I want
allow or deny users, even if they try to access from the same host.

RE: RE: Domain Users Authentication [ In reply to ]

What is a "domain server"? What type of "user accounts"? You are still
using terms that could have many different meanings. Why don't you provide
some details?

One thing that is certain is that it is a bad idea to give access to
websites over the internet using the same passwords as you use for login
accounts. HTTP Basic auth is not at all secure.

Joshua.