MaxRequestsPerChild 0

Help me please!! All my websites are becoming slow... very slow...

Tks all!

Re: httpd services [ In reply to ]
You have your settings way too high, try commenting out those directives so
they fallback to the defaults which should be reasonable for most websites.
A quick look at the documentation for those directives will help you
understand what is going on, basically taht you are creating way much more
children than requests you have and they are slowing down the server.

Re: httpd services [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Daniel Abad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In my server, a have a lot of process sleeping... how do I solve it ??
>
> The configuration files httpd.conf:
>
> MaxKeepAliveRequests 1000
> MinSpareServers 50

That's too high. Do you really want to have 50 servers more than you need
at all times?

> MaxSpareServers 1000
> StartServers 120
> MaxClients 256

That may be too low. If you have more memory, you can try increasing it.

> MaxRequestsPerChild 0
>
> Help me please!! All my websites are becoming slow... very slow...

You need to do additional work to figure out why your server is slow. A
good start is to use mod_status to figure out what the server is up to.

One thing to try is to turn down KeepAliveTimeout.

Joshua.

RE: httpd services [ In reply to ]

There is no mystery here. Apache is telling you exactly what is wrong. You
are running a very busy server (port site?-) with a low MaxClients setting.
You need to increase MaxClients (which may involve recompiling the server
and/or adding more memory to your server). A temporary fix may be to reduce
KeepAliveTimeout to a low value (5 or 10). And, as I said, look at the
server-status page to figure out exactly what it is your server is up to.

Somebody is also running a very broken mail client that is adding RES
(perhaps a translation of RE into some other language) to the subject line.
Bad Bad Microsoft.

Joshua.