Webmaster Colégio Anchieta
angelo@colegioanchieta.g12.br
Visite nosso site www.colegioanchieta.g12.br

Re: how do i? [ In reply to ]
Angelo Marcos Rigo wrote:

> hi everybody
>
> I have a apache server to my internet page but in my company the adress
> intranet, calls the internet page to the browser
> i trying to have another machine wich will be the real intranet website
> how do i make the browser sees the new intranet instead of looking the
> internwet page?

I suspect this is a configuration problem in your browser.

Your browser is on the INTRAnet. When you request a INTERnet page, your
browser goes to the company proxy machine to access the web. What you
want is for your browser to ignore the proxy and go straight to your
server.

To do this, you must change the preferences in your browser. In
Netscape;

Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Proxies -> manual Proxy config ->
View -> No Proxy for: put the name of your server here.

In IE: Tools -> Internet options -> Connections -> LAN settings -> Proxy
Server Advanced -> Exceptions -> Do not use a proxy etc...: put the name
of your server here.

rgds,

Owen Boyle.