Mailing List Archive

Directory options
Hi , i have this directory define on httpd.conf:

<Directory "/home/http/html/filtro">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
IndexOptions FancyIndexing
Allow from All
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

This directory is working , i mean , the apache build
the index.html automatically when i access to the
directory ,but what i need to do is sort the resulting
(index.html)page's links in date order , no
alphabetically .
In this directory i have at this moment 45,000 html
files , and this directory is indexed whit the HTdig
sofware , so i need to sort the links in the
index.html generated , by date because of the apache
timeout , and i need to see the newest files at top .
How can i do that ?
Sorry by my english.
Thank any help.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
Re: Directory options [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Jose Julian Buda <julytoccr@yahoo.com> wrote,

> Hi , i have this directory define on httpd.conf:
>
> <Directory "/home/http/html/filtro">
> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
> IndexOptions FancyIndexing
> Allow from All
> AllowOverride All
> </Directory>
>
> This directory is working , i mean , the apache build
> the index.html automatically when i access to the
> directory ,but what i need to do is sort the resulting
> (index.html)page's links in date order , no
> alphabetically .
> In this directory i have at this moment 45,000 html
> files , and this directory is indexed whit the HTdig
> sofware , so i need to sort the links in the
> index.html generated , by date because of the apache
> timeout , and i need to see the newest files at top .
> How can i do that ?
> Sorry by my english.
> Thank any help.

Use IndexOrderDefault directive.

# newest first
IndexOrderDefault Descending Date

# oldest first
IndexOrderDefault Ascending Date

For more detail see,

Local copy (you should have it)
http://your.site.com/manual/mod/mod_autoindex.html#indexorderdefault

or,

Online copy
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_autoindex.html#indexorderdefault

san
--
Trabas - http://www.trabas.com
Re: Directory options [ In reply to ]
Jose Julian Buda wrote:

> Hi , i have this directory define on httpd.conf:
>
> <Directory "/home/http/html/filtro">
> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
> IndexOptions FancyIndexing
> Allow from All
> AllowOverride All
> </Directory>
>
> This directory is working , i mean , the apache build
> the index.html automatically when i access to the
> directory ,but what i need to do is sort the resulting
> (index.html)page's links in date order , no
> alphabetically .
> In this directory i have at this moment 45,000 html
> files , and this directory is indexed whit the HTdig
> sofware , so i need to sort the links in the
> index.html generated , by date because of the apache
> timeout , and i need to see the newest files at top .
> How can i do that ?

45,000 files in one directory! That's a long listing...

Normally, you do this switching on FancyIndexing (see mod_autoindex)
then getting the complete listing (sorted alphabetically) then clicking
on "Date" to resort. But with 45k files and a timeout that won't work...

If you really have to do it like this, I think you might have to hack
the source code to get the date sorting by default - look in
src/modules/standard/mod_autoindex.c for a start.

rgds,

Owen Boyle.
Re: Directory options [ In reply to ]
i just find this
may be this directive work

IndexOrderDefault Descending Date

in the <IfModule mod_autoindex.c>

Thank you very much.

--- Owen Boyle <obo@bourse.ch> wrote:
> Jose Julian Buda wrote:
> >
> > Hi , i have this directory define on httpd.conf:
> >
> > <Directory "/home/http/html/filtro">
> > Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
> > IndexOptions FancyIndexing
> > Allow from All
> > AllowOverride All
> > </Directory>
> >
> > This directory is working , i mean , the apache
> build
> > the index.html automatically when i access to the
> > directory ,but what i need to do is sort the
> resulting
> > (index.html)page's links in date order , no
> > alphabetically .
> > In this directory i have at this moment 45,000
> html
> > files , and this directory is indexed whit the
> HTdig
> > sofware , so i need to sort the links in the
> > index.html generated , by date because of the
> apache
> > timeout , and i need to see the newest files at
> top .
> > How can i do that ?
>
> 45,000 files in one directory! That's a long
> listing...
>
> Normally, you do this switching on FancyIndexing
> (see mod_autoindex)
> then getting the complete listing (sorted
> alphabetically) then clicking
> on "Date" to resort. But with 45k files and a
> timeout that won't work...
>
> If you really have to do it like this, I think you
> might have to hack
> the source code to get the date sorting by default -
> look in
> src/modules/standard/mod_autoindex.c for a start.
>
> rgds,
>
> Owen Boyle.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@httpd.apache.org

=====
Jose Julian Buda
WebMaster - www.noticiasargentinas.com
Noticias Argentinas

"Soñe con un mundo , un mundo sin Windows..."

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
Re: Directory options [ In reply to ]
thank you very much

=====