slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca
http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/
Phone: (604) 822-1871
Re: Module docs [ In reply to ]
Joshua Slive wrote:

> As I think is evident, I am interested in improving the consistency (and
> usability) of the module docs by putting them all in a standard format. I
> have made a suggestion of a format (See message-id
> <Pine.SOL.4.20.0009141601450.19470-300000@garibaldi.commerce.ubc.ca>)
> but I really don't feel comfortable going ahead without some feedback.
> I am sure that there are improvements that could be made, since I am
> neither an HTML design expert, nor a documentation expert.
>
> So, how about some of you lurkers out there on the list take a look and
> make some suggestions. (Feedback from Apache group members is obviously
> acceptable as well.)
>
> The format I suggested is just about as close as possible to the format
> that many of the module docs are already in. Is more detail needed? Less
> detail? Should we be looking at a non-html format (DocBook, XML,
> whatever...). Should it be "flashier" like mod_rewrite.html?

I liked it. It was very much in line with what I wished was there when I
was reading through all the docs - that is, making every doc look the
same, so you can count on certain information. Individually, most of the
docs are just fine, but taken as a whole, the inconsistency really gets
to me.

Rich
Re: Module docs [ In reply to ]
Joshua Slive wrote:

> Should we be looking at a non-html format (DocBook, XML,
> whatever...).

Whatever we use needs to be 'final form' in order to be usable
at the mirrors.

> Should it be "flashier" like mod_rewrite.html?

I'd prefer not.
--
#ken P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/>
Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/>
"Apache Server Unleashed" <http://ApacheUnleashed.Com/>
Re: Module docs [ In reply to ]
Joshua Slive <slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca> wrote:
>As I think is evident, I am interested in improving the consistency (and
>usability) of the module docs by putting them all in a standard format. I
>have made a suggestion of a format (See message-id
><Pine.SOL.4.20.0009141601450.19470-300000@garibaldi.commerce.ubc.ca>)
>but I really don't feel comfortable going ahead without some feedback.

It looked fine to me. I say go ahead!

Tony.
--
en oeccget g mtcaa f.a.n.finch