Who can tell me how to user AuthUserFile on Win32 platform?
I tried used the same format as Unix, but failed.

Jeremy
Re: Password for Win32 [ In reply to ]
Jin Xinliang wrote:

> Who can tell me how to user AuthUserFile on Win32 platform?
> I tried used the same format as Unix, but failed.

For 1.3.6, you have to use the src\support\htpasswd.exe tool
to create MD5 passwords. The plaintext password alternative
was broken in 1.3.6, but will be fixed in 1.3.next. In addition,
I *think* (I'm not positive) that htpasswd.exe in 1.3.next will
also support SHA1 passwords. That will give three alternatives,
if so: plaintext, MD5, and SHA1.
--
#ken P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/>