something with more structure than HTML.

Brian

"Why not?" - TL brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org
Re: XML? [ In reply to ]
In article <3.0.3.32.19970807154751.008a62b0@localhost> you wrote:

> So, is this a good time to experiment with one of the buzzwords du jour, XML?
> Anyone have any firm opinions on it? I know it's basically SGML, i.e.
> wolf-in-sheep's-clothing...

> But all in all, I'm very fond of the idea of using structural markup, i.e.
> something with more structure than HTML.

XML can be cool when good enough parsers and backends exists. I currently
have to experience with both the language and the tools. But I'll do some
evaluation.

Ralf S. Engelschall
rse@engelschall.com
www.engelschall.com
Re: XML? [ In reply to ]
One cool thing about XML is that it's possible to parse it without reading
the DTD (or even having one), so that should make it easier to write Perl
scripts to do miscellaneous things. If SGML tools could be tweaked to
support it that would be a win.

Brian Slesinsky www.wired.com/staff/bslesins