Mailing List Archive

Vote on 1.0.0
Re: Vote on 1.0.0 [ In reply to ]
> I was wondering why we're releasing the binaries with the source?
> If someone can compile then they don't need the binary, and if
> they have the binary they don't need the source. I think we should
> just create a bunch of binaries and name then the gnu way.
>
> apache-1.0.0-export-i486-unknown.tar.gz
>
> or whatever it is supposed to look like.
>
> <Aram>

I disagree. This is *not* a 2MB package. Removal of the .c files
would reduce the size very little. Much of the rest of the package
needs to be included.
Re: Vote on 1.0.0 [ In reply to ]
Hmmmm... last I looked, the only 1.0.0 sources still on hyperreal was
my most recent build, with the change-log correction and SCO 5 config
patch. Before we spend too much more time hashing over which version
to use, does anyone have a problem with that build? If not, it would
seem best to just settle on it...

rst
Re: Vote on 1.0.0 [ In reply to ]
At 08:52 AM 11/27/95 -0500, you wrote:
>Another '+1' vote on releasing 1.0.0...
>
>It's (well, whatever 1.0.0x version I last snagged) been running on various
>A/UX servers here with nary a hiccup or cough.
>
>How about if we all agree on _which_ source is the "official" 1.0.0
>source, freeze it and then run it/compile it/upload binaries. It wouldn't
>look too good if the binaries differed from the official release even
>slightly.

+1 As well to releasing 1.0.

Re: Vote on 1.0.0 [ In reply to ]
Re: Vote on 1.0.0 [ In reply to ]
> apache_one_x works fine for me, and compiled clean on my three
> architectures.
>
> +1 apache_one_x

works for me too.

+1

> Does anyone have comment on what to include in the binary
> releases?

+1 on me not having to build new binaries

rob
Re: Vote on 1.0.0 [ In reply to ]
> Hmmmm... last I looked, the only 1.0.0 sources still on hyperreal was
> my most recent build, with the change-log correction and SCO 5 config
> patch. Before we spend too much more time hashing over which version
> to use, does anyone have a problem with that build? If not, it would
> seem best to just settle on it...

On solaris 1.0.0.x compiled out of the box, (with gcc
that is :-( ) and has worked fine ever since

Dw.

--
New toy: http://ewse.ceo.org - - - - Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it
Re: Vote on 1.0.0 [ In reply to ]
Re: Vote on 1.0.0 [ In reply to ]
> Hmmmm... last I looked, the only 1.0.0 sources still on hyperreal was
> my most recent build, with the change-log correction and SCO 5 config
> patch. Before we spend too much more time hashing over which version
> to use, does anyone have a problem with that build? If not, it would
> seem best to just settle on it...

No problems with this build.

Re: Vote on 1.0.0 [ In reply to ]
> +1 on me not having to build new binaries
>

> rob

Ditto that.