Mailing List Archive

WWW Form Bug Report: "" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
No ack sent...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed Nov 8 19:58:23 1995
From: gene@wri.com
To: cliff@organic.com
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "" on Solaris 2.x

Submitter: gene@wri.com
Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem: http://www.wri.com:7373/~gene/

Symptoms:
--
This causes incorrect (or rather, unexpected) behavior:

1. Put this in srm.conf:

DirectoryIndex index.html

2. And this in srm.conf (or in a <VirtualHost> spec in httpd.conf):

Redirect /index.html http://www.wri.com/cgi-bin/choose

3. And this in the <Directory> spec for DocumentRoot, in access.conf:

Options Indexes

4. Then request a URL that calls the first, which should in turn call
the second. The URL in urlprob should be available for the next few
days.

The only difference between the conditions of this report and those
of the last is that the Indexes option is set for /~gene/ and not
for /.

The fix I mentioned in my last report doesn't seem very compatible
with fixing this problem. It seems the code in mod_dir.c:808-811
should be re-thunk...

P.S. It'd be cool if bugs.cgi mailed a copy of the report it
sends to you back to the email address in emailaddy.

I'm using v0.8.14.

Gene.
gene@wri.com

--