[RFC] JSON logging support for httpd 2.4.x
Hi,

please have a look at this preliminarily work to support JSON output in mod_log_config.

It's still unfinished and has probably a lot of bugs, but this is to show the general idea
of my solution.

Help and feedback is most welcome.

Mfg
thomas
Re: [RFC] JSON logging support for httpd 2.4.x [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Sadly I got no feedback at all.

What is the preferred way for contributions?

I also did raise a PR here with some fixes on top of this patch series:

https://github.com/apache/httpd/pull/353

Mfg
Thomas

Re: [RFC] JSON logging support for httpd 2.4.x [ In reply to ]
Le 31/03/2023 à 09:04, Thomas Meyer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Sadly I got no feedback at all.
>
> What is the preferred way for contributions?

Hi,

mailing list is fine.
You can also use github if it is easier for you.

> I also did raise a PR here with some fixes on top of this patch series:
>
> https://github.com/apache/httpd/pull/353
> <https://github.com/apache/httpd/pull/353>
>
> Mfg
> Thomas
>
> Am 24. März 2023 22:54:08 MEZ schrieb Thomas Meyer <thomas@m3y3r.de>:
>

> Hi,
>
> please have a look at this preliminarily work to support JSON output in mod_log_config.
>
> It's still unfinished and has probably a lot of bugs, but this is to show the general idea
> of my solution.
>
> Help and feedback is most welcome.
>
> Mfg
> thomas
>

> --
> Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Gerät mit K-9 Mail gesendet.

As you have already notices, there is already a mod_log_json in trunk
(see [1])

AFAIK, it is not documented.

Have you looked at it first?
Does it match your needs?

There is also an old WiP related to make ErrorLog logging modular.
I've not looked at it since a LOOOONG time. But do you think it would help?

CJ

[1]:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/loggers/mod_log_json.c?view=markup&sortby=date

[2]:
http://people.apache.org/~jkaluza/patches/httpd-2.4.x-errorlog_provider.patch
Re: [RFC] JSON logging support for httpd 2.4.x [ In reply to ]
Hi,

as I learned all code must go to trunk first, so I kindly ask to review my updated patch against trunk here:

https://github.com/apache/httpd/pull/373

Once this pr is reviewed and merged I'm going to retrofit pr353 against 2.4.x

with kind regards
thomas

Re: [RFC] JSON logging support for httpd 2.4.x [ In reply to ]
Hi,

How to proceed with #373, can someone please give some feedback?

Mfg
Thomas