Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: [VOTE] Release httpd-2.4.53-rc1 as httpd-2.4.53 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 3:21 PM Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> I've found make extraclean works a bit better

Ah yes great hint, it avoids removing the configure files manually.
Thanks!
Re: [VOTE] Release httpd-2.4.53-rc1 as httpd-2.4.53 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 2:45 PM Stefan Eissing <stefan@eissing.org> wrote:

> > Am 09.03.2022 um 14:25 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com>:
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 6:22 PM Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> - configure for APR in the dependency tarball still fails for me due to
> >> a bug in autoconf 2.71 used to create the configure script. That problem
> >> was already reported by me during another release vote. I replaced the
> >> changed three files in the bundled apr and apr-util with the earlier ones.
> >
> > Does this depend on the RM's autoconf version?
> > If so, Stefan could you downgrade to autoconf 2.69 on your system? I
> > just did that on mine with:
> > $ apt install autoconf=2.69-1
> >
> > Sorry, I don't have a better idea..
>
> I downgraded my autoconf from 2.71 to 2.69. Can I make some check before
> or will we just see the outcome of the rc2? (which is easy to make)

Looks like it did it:

$ tar xf httpd-2.4.53-rc2-deps.tar.bz2
$ head httpd-2.4.53/srclib/apr/configure
#! /bin/sh
# Guess values for system-dependent variables and create Makefiles.
# Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.69.
$ head httpd-2.4.53/srclib/apr-util/configure