Mailing List Archive

Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal...
I just uploaded Apache 0.8.15 to the httpd/dist directory on hyperreal
(with Ben's latest fix hand-applied, since for some reason the patch
itself didn't go cleanly --- I suspect whitespace contamination but
never mind).

Have at it.

rst
Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]
I'll post whatever text you guys come up with on a coule of the linux
and ISP mailing lists that I'm on.

linux-isp, redhat, redhat-development, and a couple of others.

<Aram>

--
Aram W. Mirzadeh http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
MIS Manager Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons
Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]

Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]

> I'll post whatever text you guys come up with on a coule of the linux
> and ISP mailing lists that I'm on.
>
> linux-isp, redhat, redhat-development, and a couple of others.

What is redhat?

> <Aram>

Ben

--
Ben Laurie Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435
Freelance Consultant Fax: +44 (181) 994 6472
Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:
> It'll be worth blitzing the people who wrote to apache-bugs. I've got
> a script on hyperreal that can be used to grab/sort and mail some blurb
> to the names in the mailbox.

To formalize this a bit more...

I've created another mailing list on hyperreal, as promised,
"apache-users". To subscribe, people would send mail to
apache-users-request@apache.org with the word "subscribe" in the body of
the message. It is designed to be a one-way announcements - right now
only Rob Hartill and I have posting privileges, but I can add others who
wish to step up to the public-announcing plate. I don't think we should
add anyone to it without asking, but in the 1.0 announcement there should
be prominent mention of the existance of the list. The info file for the
list tells people to take their questions and bug reports and setup help
and everything else to comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix.

Brian

brian@organic.com brian@hyperreal.com http://www.[hyperreal,organic].com/
Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]
> To formalize this a bit more...
>
> I've created another mailing list on hyperreal, as promised,
> "apache-users".

great.

> I don't think we should
> add anyone to it without asking, but in the 1.0 announcement there should
> be prominent mention of the existance of the list.

It'd be a good idea (IMO) to announce this before 1.0, so that people
can use it to listen for 1.0

> The info file for the
> list tells people to take their questions and bug reports and setup help
> and everything else to comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix.

Err, bug report to the newsgroup?. Aren't they supposed to go to the
apache-bugs address?

rob
Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]

> > I'll post whatever text you guys come up with on a coule of the linux
> > and ISP mailing lists that I'm on.
> >
> > linux-isp, redhat, redhat-development, and a couple of others.
>
> What is redhat?

RHCL ( Red Hat Commercial Linux) is a small company in the midwest that has
been getting alot of press lately. They produce a commerical grade, or atleast
type to, product from LINUX resrouces. All the material is GNU and free. They
actually have everything you need on a ftp site. But they sell their support
and CD installation of linux for $40.00 They also came out with RPM which is
very nice packaging program to install, verify, and upgrade verious programs
including the libraries.

I've been putting apache releases in this format, the code itself is in noway
changed. But I do have to include a patch to make it use the proper
directories for the configurations. /etc for config files, /var/log for
logs and so on...

You can take a look at thier site. http://www.redhat.com, they only httpd
they ship with their products is apache. :)

<Aram>

--
/*
* Aram Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corp. http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]

> > To formalize this a bit more...
> >
> > I've created another mailing list on hyperreal, as promised,
> > "apache-users".
>
> great.

What the procedure for signing on o this list? And are we going to maintain
an FAQ for the list?

--
/*
Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 17 Oct 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > The info file for the
> > list tells people to take their questions and bug reports and setup help
> > and everything else to comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix.
>
> Err, bug report to the newsgroup?. Aren't they supposed to go to the
> apache-bugs address?

Hopefully people go to the newsgroup first unless they are convinced it
is a bug in apache (and not just a misconfiguration) so that the mass of
other Apache users there can help if it is the latter. If they are
convinced it is a bug, and have isolated at least the conditions under
which it appears, then they can use the apache-bugs address or the web
form (which are also mentioned in the info file for that list).

Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 17 Oct 1995, Aram Mirzadeh wrote, quoting me:
> > > To formalize this a bit more...
> > >
> > > I've created another mailing list on hyperreal, as promised,
> > > "apache-users".
>
> What the procedure for signing on o this list? And are we going to maintain
> an FAQ for the list?

There is no FAQ since it's not a conversational list, hence there are no
questions to frequently ask. :)

The procedure is just like any other list - send mail to

Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 17 Oct 1995, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> The procedure is just like any other list - send mail to
>
> apache-users-request@apache.org
>
> with the word "subscribe" in the body of the message.

Thought: how about subscribing this list to it? So that messages to
apache-users will end up in new-httpd as well. This way those of us here
can see what announcements are made, without having to keep track of
being subscribed to an additional list.

Presumably, everyone on this list is interested in what would be on
apache-users, correct?

Re: Apache 0.8.15 on hyperreal... [ In reply to ]

> > What the procedure for signing on o this list? And are we going to maintain
> > an FAQ for the list?
>
> There is no FAQ since it's not a conversational list, hence there are no
> questions to frequently ask. :)

Hmm.. then why not call it apache-announce. apache-users implies that
there will be discussions going on. (??)

> The procedure is just like any other list - send mail to

Hmm.. :) I could save 16 different programs that want the info 16 different
ways. Anyway..