gear to be a bit more clever. Anyone feel like taking this on?

Ay.

----- Begin Included Message -----
Re: Imagemap query (forwarded) [ In reply to ]
> Sorry, it's not mainstream server stuff. Friend wants the image-map
> gear to be a bit more clever. Anyone feel like taking this on?
>
> Ay.

In the plans... Hasn't been a priority since it would clearly be
an enhancement.
Re: Imagemap query (forwarded) [ In reply to ]
Andrew Wilson writes:
> Sorry, it's not mainstream server stuff. Friend wants the image-map
> gear to be a bit more clever. Anyone feel like taking this on?
> With the imagemap module, it'd be damn nice to have another directive,
> something along the lines of "nocoord", which is given to the client
> when no coordinates were specified. The advantage of this is that

Whomever does should take a look at:

http://www.bsdi.com/server/walk/walk.html
driven by:
http://www.bsdi.com/server/util/decode%2epl
and the configuration file:
http://www.bsdi.com/server/walk/walk.map

It allows the user to specify **text in the map file** or as a
default URL.

See also my previous comments about imagemaping in this forum ;-)