Thanks,

-Max Levchin
mlevchin@uiuc.edu
Re: cacheing/writing ? [ In reply to ]
> Hi's!
>
> I have a quiestion about how cacheing done in apache - could someone
> please summarize what happens - I have written this fairly sophisticated
> CGI script and some very strange things are happening to it.

It depends what you mean by caching. Apache isn't a proxy webserver and so
doesn't cache the responses to requests that have been made previously.
Apache's CGI scripts don't normally send a Last-modified: header back to
the client, which the client would then use to inform it's own caching
facility. Do you *want* the results of your CGI to be cached? - if so
then you should make them send a Last-modified header too.

When my sophisticated CGI scripts start misbehaving I find that it's
invariably the script that's at fault. Can you tell us more about what
you're trying to do? Reply to me Andrew.Wilson@cm.cf.ac.uk if you don't
want to clutter the list up with non-server speak.

> Thanks,
>
> -Max Levchin
> mlevchin@uiuc.edu

Cheers,