Mailing List Archive

WWW Form Bug Report: "Empty page returned after DBM authorization" on Linux
Anyone want to take this one?

>From: mbrennen@fni.com
>To: awm@qosina.com
>Date: Thu Sep 28 0:09:49 1995
>Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Empty page returned after DBM authorization"
on Linux

>Submitter: mbrennen@fni.com
>Operating system: Linux, version: 1.3.29
>Extra Modules used: DBM auth module
>URL exhibiting problem: http://www.fni.com/metrovoice/data/
>
>Symptoms:
>--
>After the DBM authorization is done for a particular directory, the server
returns an empty document. This fails on three different browsers, so it is
the server. Apache version 0.8.14 For the URL exhibiting the bug, use
username "mbrennen", password "mbrennen". Linux DBM library: -ldbm (NOT
-lgdbm) This is my first use of DBM with the Apache server. Any quick
corrections would be appreciated, as I need to get this online quickly!
Thanks very much, Michael Brennen FishNet, Inc.

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Empty page returned after DBM authorization" on Linux [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 28 Sep 1995, Aram W. Mirzadeh wrote:
> Anyone want to take this one?

Yup, I'm following it up.
Mark.
Mark J Cox, mark@telescope.org -- URL:http://www.telescope.org/mark.html
University of Bradford, England ---------- tel +44.1274.384070/fax 391333
Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Empty page returned after DBM authorization" on Linux [ In reply to ]
>After the DBM authorization is done for a particular directory, the server
returns an empty document. This fails on three different browsers, so it is

This sounds like some DBM core dump problem (perhaps the very one for
which we already have a fix, involving incorrectly formatted DBM group
files).

rst
Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Empty page returned after DBM authorization" on Linux [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 29 Sep 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> This sounds like some DBM core dump problem (perhaps the very one for
> which we already have a fix, involving incorrectly formatted DBM group
> files).

He isn't using DBM group files. He found the core file and is sending
me the details.