Mailing List Archive

Hi, I ported Apache to OS/2.
Hi All,
I did a port of Apache 0.6.5 through 0.8.13 to OS/2 Warp. Rob Hartill
said I should subscribe to the list and lurk for awhile and then
introduce myself.
My port was designed to maximize compatability with the base Apache
code and all modifications are enclosed in #ifdef statements. The
following files where modified:

configuration
alloc.c
http_config.c
http_core.c
http_main.c
http_request.c
mod_alias.c
mod_cgi.c
mod_cookies.c
mod_include.c
mod_log_agent.c
mod_log_common.c
mod_log_referer.c
rfc931.c
util.c
util_script.c
alloc.h
conf.h
httpd.h
util_script.h

Most of the modifications are as little as 8 lines of new code. The
one exception to this was mod_cgi.c, OS/2 handles pipes differently
than UNIX. All features work under OS/2 except nph-CGI scripts (this
is a pipe problem) and DBM authority (I'm working on a port of the GNU
DBM to fix that). I welcome any comments about the possibility of
adding my modifications to the base code and becoming an Apache
developer mainly concerend with an OS/2 version. Versions 0.6.5 and
0.8.8 have already been released to the OS/2 community. They are
available at ftp.cdrom.com in the /os2/incoming directory, but are in
a propritary OS/2 ZIP format. I would like to upload my 0.8.14 version
in tar.gz format to some Apache developers directory for review.

I will be out of circulation after today for two days while onsite at
a clients. If you want to see a running OS/2 Apache site goto the URL
below.

Garey Smiley
SoftLink Services
garey@slink.com
http://www.slink.com/
(216)848-1312 FAX/Data(216)699-4474
Re: Hi, I ported Apache to OS/2. [ In reply to ]
Woah! Round of applause..

mod_os2_environment.c

here we come.

Ay.
Re: Hi, I ported Apache to OS/2. [ In reply to ]
Garey,

stunning. Really, really impressive.

Ay.

Andrew Wilson URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford Office: +44 01865 843155 Mobile: +44 0589 616144