it off while the weather's clear).

Now to see if *this* note gets onto the list...

rst
Re: Apache 0.8.14 on hyperreal [ In reply to ]
> This got less of a workout than I would have liked, but hopefully everything's
> where it ought to be. (The AI lab had some pretty srious connectivity problems
> earlier in the afternoon, and I already had a release built, so I'm shipping
> it off while the weather's clear).
>
> Now to see if *this* note gets onto the list...
>
> rst

looks okay here. It can go public at the end of the day (US) Wednesday
if there are no reported problems specific to 0.8.14-isms.
Re: Apache 0.8.14 on hyperreal [ In reply to ]

> > This got less of a workout than I would have liked, but hopefully everything's
> > where it ought to be. (The AI lab had some pretty srious connectivity problems
> > earlier in the afternoon, and I already had a release built, so I'm shipping
> > it off while the weather's clear).
> >
> > Now to see if *this* note gets onto the list...
> >
> > rst
>

> looks okay here. It can go public at the end of the day (US) Wednesday
> if there are no reported problems specific to 0.8.14-isms.

Looking good on my end as well. I have a compile warning patch
to through in the pool. Baring any serious bugs being found,
I think that 0.8.15 could be 1.0.

Thoughts?
Re: Apache 0.8.14 on hyperreal [ In reply to ]

> > > This got less of a workout than I would have liked, but hopefully everything's
> > > where it ought to be. (The AI lab had some pretty srious connectivity problems
> > > earlier in the afternoon, and I already had a release built, so I'm shipping
> > > it off while the weather's clear).
> > >
> > > Now to see if *this* note gets onto the list...
> > >
> > > rst
> >

> > looks okay here. It can go public at the end of the day (US) Wednesday
> > if there are no reported problems specific to 0.8.14-isms.
> >

> Looking good on my end as well. I have a compile warning patch
> to through in the pool. Baring any serious bugs being found,
> I think that 0.8.15 could be 1.0.

Exciting! I'd like to get it compiling clean at warning level 3 on SCO. This
is likely to affect a lot of files, so I thought it best to leave it a while,
but perhaps I should go for it? Or would people consider that to be an
enhancement?

I have four patches so far for 8.14 (to be uploaded later):

1. The bit I missed out for SCO (commits suicide in debug mode), and probably
others.
2. A fix for a potential memory leak in http_main.c
3. A fix for the "extra path" bug.
4. A conf/something patch (documentation for user and group on SCO).

Does anyone actually know what the outstanding bugs are?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435
Freelance Consultant Fax: +44 (181) 994 6472

[.Note for the paranoid: "fear" as in "Fear and Loathing
in Las Vegas", "demon" as in Demon Internet Services, a
commercial Internet access provider.]
Re: Apache 0.8.14 on hyperreal [ In reply to ]
> > looks okay here. It can go public at the end of the day (US) Wednesday
> > if there are no reported problems specific to 0.8.14-isms.
> >

> Looking good on my end as well. I have a compile warning patch
> to through in the pool. Baring any serious bugs being found,
> I think that 0.8.15 could be 1.0.
>
> Thoughts?

I've got a couple of fixes for simple stuff, MAXHOSTNAMELEN and tearing out
the fully qualified domain name kludge that 0.8.14's presently carrying.

Ay.