Mailing List Archive

Announce: NCSA HTTPd 1.5b4, the Final Beta ?
Beta Release 4 of NCSA HTTPd 1.5 is now available. It includes many
bug fixes, too numerous to mention here. Of special interest, the AIX
3.2.5 for PowerPC bug has been worked around. If you don't know what that
is, be thankful.

Also, MacMosaic 3.0 beta is now available which supports many of the features
of NCSA HTTPd 1.5, from the announcement:

From Adam Cain (acain@ncsa.uiuc.edu):
>For the purpose of beta-testing httpd 1.5's kerberos features, we have a
>MacMosaic 3.0 pre-release available at
>
> http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/beta-1.5/bin/Mac_PreRelease/readme.html
>
>It implements Kerberos V4 authentication using U Michigan's AuthMan.
>If you're familiar with AuthMan, it should be fairly straight-forward to
>use with MacMosaic. The most common glitch we've encountered in testing
>it with AuthMan is that you have to be sure your clock and timezone are
>set correctly on your Mac. If you have problems using the Kerberos feature,
>let me know.
>
>I must emphasize that this should be considered a experimental pre-release.
>There will be bugs and probably crashes. You can report them to
>redman@ncsa.uiuc.edu

You must be a beta tester of NCSA HTTPd 1.5 to get this release.
Everything is available from http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/beta-1.5/.
Send password problems to httpd-beta@ncsa.uiuc.edu.

Brandon
--
Brandon Long "I think, therefore I am Confused." - RAW
HTTPd/SDG/NCSA/UIUC "Here's a nickel, kid. Get yourself a better computer."